Project Manager II - Telecom/Wireless Technology - Secret Clearance
American Operations Corporation
Washington , DC 20540
Posted 4 months ago
Manages the execution and provisioning of new services to include Internet Delivery, VoIP, and ISP/OSP Cable Plant Installation.
Supervises project staff to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with the schedule and budget.
Prepares budgets, schedules and other types of project documentation.
Understands how to read and interpret scopes of work, blueprints, and engineering drawings to apply to successful service delivery.
- Author and write documents, process diagrams, SOPs, etc
- Develop and manage program and project schedules and review to ensure that projects remain on target.
- Obtain the information they need to coordinate and monitor progress projects
- Review contracts for supplies and services necessary for delivery of equipment, software, operation, installation and completion of the project.
- Coordinate any project changes, problems, issues with the sponsoring government agency/office that would affect the project schedule or any of the deliverables.
- Attends plan review meetings to review customer requirements and provide briefings
- Prepares reports related to job duties, time, materials, etc.
- Performs related duties as required
High School diploma is required; Undergraduate degree in technical field is preferred. Ideal candidate will be a Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP).
Undergraduate degree or PMI certification and three (3) or more years of project management or Five (5) or more years of project management experience. Experience implementing telecommunications and computer networks preferred.
- Project Management skills including scope management, capacity planning, project scheduling, budgeting and tracking documents is required.
- Strong financial acumen, proven ability to connect the linkages of the project results to the budget and identify business benefits.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate with all levels.
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management, critical thinking, coordination and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware/software fundamentals, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of wireless technology.
- Experience with DoD, National, Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA)/ Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) and BICSI technical and OSHA safety standards.
- Ability to interpret and perform tasks outlined in vendor documentation, technical specifications, and network practices, engineering letters and job aids.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environments.
- Must possess valid drivers license.
- Must be eligible for US Government SECRET level clearance.
AOC offers excellent benefits, including: health, vision, dental, long/short-term disability, life insurance, 401K, FSA and PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
AOC is a A certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business and An ISO 9001:2015 Quality Certified Company.
The contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.