Project Manager (Freelance)
Huntington Beach , CA 92605
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Project Management oversees all projects within the agency from strategy and brief development through final production deliverable. The PM team leads highly complex, multi-channel, and one off projects across all disciplines, all clients, as well as internal initiatives. The team liaises with Brand Management, Production, Creative and Studio through the project life with a focus on helping team deliver great creative work, that is on time, on budget and on strategy.
This position is primarily responsible for managing projects from kick off through final production deliverable. The PM will lead multi-channel projects across all disciplines, with the goal of ensuring timely input from agency subject matter experts in all areas required for successful delivery of the completed project. The Project Manager may also lead other miscellaneous initiatives assigned by the Project Management Supervisor or Director.
Key ResponsibilitiesWhat your role is on our team:
- Guides project initiation:
- Ensures all necessary project start requirements have been satisfied
- Obtains resourcing from relevant department heads
- Schedules kick off meetings to brief creative and creative service.
- Facilitates the day-to-day deliverables of internal deadlines (based on client due dates) with a focus on stabilizing the shifting project triangle (scope, schedule, budget).
- Creates and maintains project timeline, communicates daily action items via hot sheet and maintains status report for team meetings.
- Manages project communications internally and between all departments. The Project Manager communicates directly with individual team members to reiterate the scheduled deliverables, relay revision requests, record the jobs progress, and to address obstacles as they arise.
- Retains an overview of the project; tracks the milestones (as well as details) of project deliverables. Identifies scope creep (including re-brief, additional rounds or deliverables added after kick off).
- Schedules internal review meetings between account, strategy, creative and creative services.
- Ensures that team members are completing the appropriate check points throughout the process. Confirming creative reviews, contact reports, pre-bids, shoot and production schedules are kept on track and key dates maintained in timeline.
- Obtains the required internal approvals for the copy, scripts, layouts, proofs, product and etc.
- May include other duties as assigned.
What do we need from you?
- A detail-oriented, diplomatic, multi-tasker who works well under pressure.
- Able to convert complex projects into a clear plan of action. Able to oversee projects with deliverables across all disciplines, knowing when to seek input from and include subject matter experts.
- Possesses appropriate computer skills and advanced interpersonal skills.
- Projects a positive attitude. Resourceful and relentless, overcomes challenges through problem solving.
What type of experience and education you should have?
- The position requires a minimum of 3 years of well-rounded project management experience in advertising or a related business. Cross-discipline experience is desired, but experience in one specific medium (broadcast, print or digital) will be considered.
- * Bachelor degree in related field.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. * *
- * Experience in Basecamp, Trello and Smartsheet for schedule development and milestone tracking. * *
- * Experience in all the relevant social platforms
- Discounted Medical, Dental and Vision premiums
- 401k Program with company match
- Fun and fast-paced agency environment
- Lots of individual autonomy & rewards for merit and creativity
- Be part of a close-knit and exciting team & growing agency
And when we're back in the office...
- Enjoy catered happy hour every Thursday and breakfast on Fridays
- Full-time Barista on-site
- Amazing views of the Pacific Ocean by the pier in HB