Elevation Proving Grounds
Oakland , CA 94612
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
EPG is currently seeking a Project Manager for one of our clients in the Oakland area.
The hiring company is automating 'first-mile' trucking. They simplify how large enterprises ship goods—their robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety. They are a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
The Project Manager will develop detailed plans for autonomous vehicle deployments and work with both Fortune-500 customers and the Autonomous Vehicle Operations team to ensure safe, error-free, successful execution of those plans.
We’re searching for an analytical and process-driven technical project manager and customer champion who can spearhead engagements from design to successful operation. The Project Manager will work cross-functionally to plan, oversee, and document all aspects of each project, making sure they are on schedule and under budget.
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Autonomous Vehicle Operations and lead customer launches of autonomous vehicle technology. The successful candidate will play a key role to plan, deploy, and manage rollouts of logistics automation that redefines enterprise supply chains.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all aspects of autonomous vehicle deployments at Fortune 500 customer sites, including planning, coordination, and oversight from start to completion
- Manage customer expectations and lead cross-functional teams to provide exceptional customer experiences
- Own a backlog of tasks and complete them
- Work with the Engineering team to identify schedule and budget risks ensuring alignment between company and customer expectations
- Identify gaps in understanding and opportunities for process and communication improvements
- Ensure that autonomous vehicles operate according to plan and coordinate internally and externally to develop and work toward resolutions when exceptions arise
- Select, populate, and use project management software and tools to clearly communicate schedules internally and externally
- Ensure project costs, schedule, and scope are managed (including the development of recovery plans) to stay within approved limits
- Travel and work at customer locations whenever needed (note: frequent travel to Southern California may be required)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superb organizational, prioritization, and decision-making skills
- Ability to coordinate complex projects with highly demanding customers and short timelines
- Experience managing budgets, project plans, and resource allocations, as well as leading geographically distributed teams
- Track record of developing and delivering thoughtful, persuasive, error-free documentation and presentations
- Ability to discuss, write about, and present on the business application of technology
- Independence and self-motivation
- Highly supportive references
- 3+ years experience in trucking/shipping, supply chain, or manufacturing operations
- 3+ years of client-facing technical project management experience (autonomous vehicles, robotics, and logistics software systems a plus)
- Project Management certification, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or equivalent
- Ability to work on and ship product to the customer within months
- 80% Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Relocation Assistance