Project Manager (Dod Weapons' Effects)
Fort Belvoir , VA 22060
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
ARServices is seeking a Project Manager to provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction Department (RD-CX), Counterforce Systems Division (RD-CXS) Weapons Effects team. The successful candidate will serve as an action officer and advisor for a science and technology portfolio focusing on DoD weapons effects and Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) modeling; and provide support for, and coordination of, RDT&E acquisition and planning, programming, budgeting, and execution processes. Travel (up to 20% of the time) may be required.
- Provide planning, programming, budgeting and execution support for defense technology research and development programs in accordance with DOD Directive 5000.01 to government program manager in the broad area of weapons effects modeling.
- Track cost, schedule, and performance of weapons effects modeling programs related technical projects to ensure they continue to meet the objectives of the program.
- Employ technical expertise to translate scientific information into required programmatic and fiscal documentation to support the planning, programming, budgeting and execution system.
- Advise the program team on risk assessment and risk management, business and contracting strategies, and technology transfers.
- Assist in setting portfolio, project, and product level strategy and priorities.
- Ensure portfolios are responsive and mapped to program goals and requirements.
- Assist in test program management activities and oversight of small, medium, and large test events.
- Review program documentation to ensure technical validity and facilitate cross-communication regarding program priorities and courses of action.
- Support program management activities for technical reviews and studies to advance M&S technology to predict blast, overpressure, structural integrity and other associated weapons effects on WMD containers, equipment, buildings / facilities and the degradation of the contents or inhabitants of each.
- Support interactions with Combatant Commands and DTRA customers with reviews relevant guidance and requirements to assist in identifying capability needs and functionally decompose requirements into discrete technology development initiatives and objectives for DTRA modeling and simulation efforts.
- Coordinate and consolidate complex, technical, programmatic, and strategic responses to support division initiatives to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Advise, participate in, and provide assistance in leading cross-organizational, interdisciplinary, and sometimes international teams of scientists and engineers in developing and executing RDT&E plans to meet customer needs.
- Facilitate discussions and integration at meetings across the DoD weapons effects and Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) modeling community.
- Experience: minimum 7 years professional experience in assignments of successive responsibility culminating in aminimum of 3 years as a project manager. Experience with DTRA is preferred. Candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience working within the DoD preferably in Program Management, Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation, familiarity with the Defense Acquisition Life Cycle and various contracting/procurement methods the government uses to acquire goods and services.
- Skills/Competencies: ability to work independently and demonstrated successful project management reporting and execution; excellent communications at senior levels; demonstrated success at multi-year fiscal planning and execution; and, fully versed in MS Office software suite; other required skills include:
- Stakeholder management
- Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) knowledge
- Program Planning and Project Management
- Test Program Management and Test Execution Oversight
- Analytical Research (assessing threats and market research)
- Behaviors: team player not afraid to be accountable and take initiative, anticipate requirements, implement self-developed plans for on-time, under budget success with minimal supervision; comfortable organizing and stewarding matrix organizations, able to manage and work multiple tasks simultaneously and successfully de-conflict multiple demands from equal stakeholders;
- Knowledge: DOD Directive-5000.01 program management, work experience with DTRA and/or the DoD operational community, minimum of three to five years experience in DoD acquisition, program management or contracting is required;
- Education: BA/BS degree preferably in management, business, or engineering. Additional qualifications are preferred (e.g., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Project Management, or PMP).
- Clearance requirement: TOP SECRET
In addition to the must have requirements, the ideal candidate may also possess the following: (these are differentiators, but not requirements of the job)
- Demonstrated successful project management to include communications at the General Officer / SES level, and fiscal planning and execution management of annual budgets in excess of $10M;
- A leader willing and able to do all duties and functions of the program management team
- Knowledge of DoD operations, technology market, weapons effects modeling and simulation
- Masters degree in management, business, science or engineering or other related training (e.g., previous certification as DAWIA acquisition professional, membership in DOD acquisition corps, or Certified Project Management Professional).