Project Manager - Digital Authority Partners
1871 Member Companies
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
THE JOB OFFERED
The purpose of this position is to plan, execute, and monitor/control projects including the evaluation and creation of project requirements, creation of implementation timelines; as well as the management of risks/issues, scope, and budget
Job Type: Full timeLocation:USA - Chicago
Travel Percent: 20%Education Requirements:
- Due to the complexity and specialization of the position a bachelor's degree or higher in project management or a closely related field is required.
- Speaks Romanian and English fluently to be able to communicate with offshore development.
Must Have Skills:
- Ability to plan, execute, and evaluate projects according to agreed upon timeline, budget, and scope. We expect the project manager to monitor and control each of the project management levers (timeline, budget, scope) to maximize business value in the shortest amount of time possible.
- The project manager will be accountable to keep the project on-time, on budget, and at the agreed upon scope.
- Demonstrated experience in the identification of a business problem, business case and project plan development throughout the project management cycle.
- Lead cross-functional project teams with people across design, development, UX, content, SEO, project stakeholders, clients, business analysts, product management, quality analysts, senior management, internal team members, vendors, etc.
- Manage a portfolio of projects, ensuring coordination of shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects.
- Ability to engage with and communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ensure quality control throughout the entire project/program measured by minimal defects in production.
- Work with clients to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables and required resources including budget and timing. The employee must be able to balance a program workload and staffing according to project/program and organizational priorities and goals.
- Strong logical skills to help create sophisticated process flows and diagrams to support the team in creating excellent user experiences
- Participate in business development including the expansion of existing projects, managing RFP responses, client presentations and executing Statements of Work (SOW)
- Provide knowledge and insight to team on technical activities or the creation of programs/procedures to support the overall business strategy.
- Ability to prioritize and plan across clients, programs, and projects. Ability to balance multiple priorities successfully.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to develop new, unusual, or more complex designs, layouts, products, methods, and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in project management
- Help manage both on-shore and off-shore development, content, and UX team.
- Create a project plan showing when each task and activity is to be completed and who is accountable for each.
- Change Management - Ability to identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address concerns.
- Develop and manage program financials including forecasting, profitability, invoicing, and expense management.
- Ability to clearly document and communicate deliverables to all relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs.
- Help manage vendor relations and control vendor costs.
- Clearly communicate project updates to clients and within our team.
- Monitor risks and mitigate them before they turn into issues.
- Monitor, recognize, and resolve risks/issues when they arise in a quick and effective manner. Develop and implement controls to prevent and mitigate future risks/issues.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes are documented and approved by all internal team members .
- Closely monitor workload across the team members to ensure they are working on the right work and are at capacity (and not above capacity).
- Track and report on project milestones (both technical and business) and provide regular status reports to the team, management, client, stakeholders, and others. Ability to consolidate key status update points and disseminate to the right people.
- Identify and lead efforts to improve processes/systems. Support the development of internal processes, documentation, and knowledge sharing.
- International experience managing teams.
- International experience project managing dispersed teams.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Good to have skills:
- Achievement-oriented with strong leadership skills and a desire for continued growth and professional development in career.
- Experience with Asana project management tool.
- Experience with Slack communication tool.
- Experience with Skype communication tool.
- Experience with JIRA project management tool.
- Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Microsoft Project.
Must Have Behaviors:
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments
- Process oriented individual
- Relationship builder able to team effectively with others and build relationships at all levels internally and with client teams and stakeholders
- Ability to instill a sense of urgency on tasks and defect resolutions.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and team-working
20% - Communication with team / stakeholders / client / etc.
20% - Issue mitigation / resolution. Impediment solving.
20% - Project planning / updating of project plan / reporting project status
20% - Traveling to Romania 2-3 times a year to visit, manage and work with the team of developers/ designers/ content producers in Bucharest.
20% - Misc.
Digital Authority Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Digital Authority Partners offers 100% employer paid medical insurance, 4% 401k matching, and unlimited vacation, among other perks.