Dairy Management Inc.
Des Plaines , IL 60018
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The U.S. dairy industry is on the mission of a lifetime: to be an environmental solution. Weve had a longstanding commitment to environmental sustainability, and today, the dairy industry accounts for less than 2% of the countrys total greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Weve made progress, but were not stopping there. The dairy community is committed to conserving natural resources and making further progress. Our 2050 goals address the areas where U.S. dairy collectively can have the greatest impact. Specifically, the goals are: Become carbon neutral or better by 2050; optimize water use while maximizing recycling; and improve water quality by optimizing utilization of manure and nutrients.
The Environmental Stewardship Project Manager will be part of the Net Zero Initiative (NZI), an industry-wide effort, to make technology and best practices more accessible and affordable to farms of all size through research, on-farm pilots and generation of new revenue opportunities for farmers. Responsibilities include developing supply chain projects designed to demonstrate and accelerate adoption of environmentally and economically viable practices and technologies on dairy farms; managing and reporting collaborative project progress Join us and contribute to U.S. dairys role in building a sustainable future.
- Manage design, implementation and evaluation of demonstration projects; develop process for identifying and assessing potential projects.
- Create and implement long- and short-term project plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines and budgets.
- Develop and implement evaluation strategies to assess project progress and impact; regularly report progress and challenges to project stakeholders.
- Update project plans, schedule meetings, maintain project files and create spreadsheets and leverage/create databases as needed.
- Identify and manage potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects.
- Perform quality control on projects to maintain standards and meet expectations.
- Motivate people involved in projects to complete tasks on time.
- Build, maintain, and grow meaningful relationships with internal and external partners.
- Understand priorities of key stakeholders/partners, how they are motivated and the business challenges they face.
- Ensure state and regional partners are informed as needed on projects in their region.
Interaction and Reporting Relationships
Reports to Senior Vice President Sustainability Initiatives
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5-10 years of project management experience with a proven ability to deliver on-time and on-budget
- Strong business acumen coupled with demonstrated leadership skills
- Agriculture, environmental, and/or dairy industry experience a plus
- Proven success in:
- Developing a project plan for tracking/reporting results to demonstrate progress toward goals
- Creating, maintaining, organizing project management documents and databases
- Producing industry-leading reports and presenting findings to peers and senior management
- Working effectively with cross functional teams, including external resources, to achieve business results
- Prioritizing and delivering work/projects with minimal supervision/oversight
- Ongoing relationship and account management with valued partners/stakeholders
Skills & Abilities
- Versatile and highly skilled project manager able to work independently and as a project team leader.
- Able to handle conflicting priorities in a multi-task environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to presentation skills
- Able to speak effectively to wide variety of audiences, from farmers and processors to NGOs and Fortune 500 organizations.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strong judgment and time management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented; strong notetaking and follow-up will be required
- Strong work ethic and integrity; a good representative of farmer values
- Promote clarity and alignment across projects
- Enable fact-based decisions
- Comfortable navigating in an entrepreneurial/ambiguous environment
- Understanding of project budgeting, costing and performance metrics reporting
Competitive medical, dental, and life insurance benefits, plus generous 401(k), and collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from OHare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra. We offer free chocolate and regular milk on tap. Meaningful work on behalf of America's hard-working dairy farm families.
Temporarily working remotely due to the pandemic.
Dairy Management Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.