Project Manager 2
Key Business Solutions, Inc.
Albany , NY 12202
Posted 4 months ago
24 MonthsJob Description:
The New York State Workers Compensation Board requires a Project Manager (PM) for our Business Process Reengineering (BPR) initiatives. The New York State Workers Compensation Board (WCB) is undertaking a multi-year effort to redefine its role in the Workers Compensation system, improve access to quality medical care and improve the underlying technology systems that support the organization. These goals challenge many of the fundamental operating assumptions that the Board has maintained for decades. To accomplish this effort, the Board has established the WCB Business Process Reengineering (BPR) Program as the vehicle for change. Within this program, the Board will sponsor a host of projects that will each support a specific goal toward the overarching objectives of the program. At its highest level, the redesign of the Workers Compensation Board will help Injured Workers Employers, Providers, and Payors. The objectives of the BPR Program include:
1. Change the role of the WCB in protecting the rights of injured workers.
2. Increase availability of quality medical care.
3. Modernize the technology that supports the functions of the Board.
These efforts will create several parallel projects and a PM is needed to assist with the implementation and roll out of these projects. The PM will be assigned several of the projects and when projects finish, they will get new/related projects to manage.
Daily activities to include: lead project teams and maintain the necessary project documents including scope, schedule, communication plan, business requirements, business rules, and other necessary project documentation. Delegating and coordinating task completion by project team members. Will be handling project status reporting and issues/risk identification and mitigation.
1. Will be completing status reports, status briefing, risk and issue identification and mitigation.
2. Communication of project status and updates at all levels of organization, with internal stakeholders, project team and executive staff
3. Development and maintenance of detailed project plan with milestones and detailed roll out plan.
4. Development and maintenance of detailed project budget.
5. Identification and maintenance of critical path and contingencies
6. Risk monitoring, control and mitigation planning
7. Resource allocation estimating and reporting
8. Management of project teams to implement a new product
9. Support and guidance for resulting business process changes
10. Planning and support during training and transition
Position Title: Project Manager
Overseeing projects comprised of multiple deliverables
Delegating and coordinating of tasks
Project status, meetings, scope changes, issuesCandidates should have at least 84 months experience and a majority of the following should apply:Each candidate should fill out the months of experience they have for each item in the table:
Regards,NishanthKey Business Solutions, Inc.|| Office: 916 646 2080 Ext 215 || Fax: 916 646 2081 Note: This email is not intended to be a solicitation. Please accept our apologies and reply in the subject heading with REMOVE to be removed from our Mailing list.
|1.||12 months of project management experience leading a large enterprise wide business initiative in a state or federal regulatory environment.||#of months||12|
|2.||84 months experience as Project Manager for a $10M + IT implementation||#of months||10|
|3.||84 months experience as project team lead in a federal or customer facing application project implementation||#of months||12|
|4.||84 months experience as a project team lead in a business analysis project implementation requiring process changes||#of months||10|
|5.||84 months experience in maintenance of a multi-year project plan for an IT effort with milestones and resources||#of months||12|
|6.||48 months Experience leading a communication effort for a multi-layered/cross functional IT implementation||#of months||10|
|7.||48 months Experience in risk identification and mitigation for a multi-layered/cross functional IT implementation||#of months||10|
|8.||84 months experience with projects that followed a Project Management methodology.||#of months||4|