Project Management Assistant
Sullivan Solar Power
Irvine , CA 92618
Posted 3 months ago
If you want to help move the world away from fossil fuels and towards renewable energy, join the revolution at
Sullivan Solar Power!
We are the best solar power company and one of the Top 45 workplaces in San Diego according to San Diego Union Tribune. We are also one of the nation's largest and most established solar companies, according to Solar Power World, and one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, according to INC Magazine. We are now looking for a Project Management Assistant. This position is for our Irvine office.
The objective of our Project Management Assistant is to facilitate the plan execution of our Project Developers and Project Managers, giving support in all areas needed for the success of our installations.
- Provide support in achieving quarterly and yearly installation quotas for assigned area
- Interact with customers on a consistent basis to provide design schematics, crew scheduling information, system authorization status, system performance data, and any other information relevant to the project; update databases and/or CRM's
- Submit and track utility interconnection paperwork and approvals
- Conduct pre-construction evaluations for solar projects to plan out and confirm all aspects of sold systems
- Take detailed notes, measurements, pictures, and videos of proposed solar installations
- Address any design issues onsite, propose solutions, and communicate any changes in system design to management team and homeowner
- Address plan corrections from local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) or inspectors
- Acquire permits from all relevant agencies
- Track and maintain permitting database, including permit submittal status and AHJ's requirements
- Review system commissioning reports and confirm new system performance for the first few weeks following utility authorization
- Process contracts and lease agreements from customers
- Utilize DocuSign to facilitate electronic exchanges of contract and signed documentation
- Collect and process payments and leases from customers after installations are completed successfully (Accounts Receivable)
- Work with financiers to request funds, submit required documentation and ensure payments are received at necessary milestones
- Track outstanding accounts receivable for Project Managers and assist in closing open items
- Support Project Developers and Project Managers with the design of PV plans on AutoCAD
- Support Project Developers and Project Managers with the scheduling and coordination of site evaluations, pre-construction meetings, and other customer meetings
- Assist with the distribution of door hangers and other marketing collateral in areas of installation
- Assist with the coordination of solar seminars/events, and attend these when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist all Sullivan Solar Power employees as needed
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business or related field
- Working knowledge of CAD drafting
- Working knowledge of DocuSign, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Outstanding communication skills, experience following up with customers and/or orders for projects
- Ability to read, understand and edit electrical and structural plans
- Fluency in PV code compliance preferred
- Experience with permit acquisition
- Experience processing contracts and taking payments
- Experience with data entry, CRM's, and administrative work
- Experience with field crew coordination preferred
- Understanding of general construction, electricity, and electrical contracting preferred
- Knowledge or interest in all areas concerning Project Development and Project Management
- Knowledge of the solar marketplace, technology and industry
- Willingness to deliver door hangers/other marketing materials when needed
- You might be a recent engineering graduate, a Project Management advocate, a solar electrician looking to transition into the office, or an excellent administrative assistant with an interest on the technical side of solar installations and an engineering mindset
- You know how to draft on AutoCAD and you are not intimidated by it. You enjoy the idea of designing PV plans that will serve others to actually install solar modules in our customers' homes. You are excited about the thought of being able to see your important participation in the project planning and execution, through completion
- You love speaking with customers, and you are eager to learn all the industry trends and changes to be able to have fluid conversations about solar with them
- You are familiar with solar installations, and understand the different components that are necessary to execute projects. From roof assessment, to pre-construction meetings and permit acquisitions, you love every single aspect of the installation!
- You love Southern California, and you are passionate about moving this region away from the fossil fuel industry!
- NABCEP Accredited Company: one of the only ten companies in the US who have achieved this certification. Sullivan Solar Power will put you through training so that you achieve it as well, and we will pay for your training!
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match
- Vacation/Sick Time Off (Vacation accrual starts immediately)
- Paid Holidays
- Offer Medical, Dental & Vision
- Company provided clothing
- Great company events & team outings
*Sullivan Solar Power reserves the right to change its benefits package at any time, with or without reason, and with or without previous notice.
Sullivan Solar Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of the following, whether actual or perceived or based upon identification or association: race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth (and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military status, veteran status, political activity or affiliation or any other basis protected by law. Sullivan Solar Power complies with all applicable laws regarding the privacy of applicants, employees, and customers.