Project Lead HMI Engineer
Cleveland , OH 44114
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB seeking a project lead engineer that works directly with the customers and specializes in high performance HMI project consulting and delivery. The candidate selected will work in team-oriented environment in all aspects of HMI (Human Machine Interface) design and configuration. Work responsibilities include managing the technical component of the project, building and testing of interactive graphic displays, creation and management of system databases, design and implementation of alarm management, user security setup, and all other information related to HMI design. This is a leadership role and will provide opportunities to direct and delegate to others, teach less experienced resources, and review others' work.
- Daily responsibilities include technical implementation and support of the project team objectives. This position requires one to provide technical written and verbal direction on a project basis for a team of one to ten control engineers. This position demands a team player approach to project execution. This person will coordinate, document, and lead the technical design and engineering implementation of project work.
- Bachelors' degree and 2 years' experience in legacy or current DCS
- *A Master's Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- *A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
- Bachelors' degree in engineering
- Experience with DCS or PLC platforms (800xA, Harmony/Symphony, Wonderware, Rockwell, Intellution, GE Cimplicity, Ci-Tech, Iconics, Siemens, US Data, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead training with both internal ABB colleagues as well as customers
- Experience building graphics or symbols in current or legacy ABB/Bailey HMI products (Conductor NT, PPB, System 800xA (PPA), or Symphony Plus Operations).
- Knowledge of network engineering and IT (PC handling, Windows applications, PC configurations, Virus scanners, interfaces, backup).
- Knowledge of ISA101, ISA18.2, and other international HMI standards.
- Ability to understand and interpret function block logic diagrams (logic configuration).
- Experienced with MS Access, MS Excel, and other MS Office products.
- Ability to manage data and format as needed for databases.
- Familiar with one or more programming languages (C++, VB, etc.).
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to visually organize information
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new software platforms