Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Project Lead- Habitat For Humanity Of Jefferson County
Beaumont , TX 77701
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The AmeriCorps Client Service Coordinator is an advocate and liaison to Habitat of Jefferson County's clients, from application to completion of construction and move-in while working to remove barriers to their recovery. SBP's goal is for our clients to have a stress free experience during our rebuild process.
- Move each of your 30-40 clients closer to moving into their rehabilitated homes.
- Interview prospective clients and work with them to complete an application for assistance.
- Present prospective client cases to Executive Director and/or Client Services Manager for acceptance into SBP programs.
- Assist clients in completing applications to utilize available funding programs earmarked for the recovery needs of disaster-impacted individuals in the local community and assist the client in navigating these programs throughout the rebuilding process.
- Research and refer clients who are in need of housing, food, or other needs to appropriate services.
- Act as a reliable point of contact for the client throughout the rebuilding process; ensuring the client understands where they are located in the program pipeline at all times.
- Track client progress and report weekly to Client Services Manager on progress.
- Input client data and upload documents into client database (SalesForce); update case notes daily.
- Expedite clients path to completion of construction in any way possible, often through creative means.
- Advocate for the client both to outside organizations and internally within SBP.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Monthly Living allowance of $1,373
- An additional $150 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA.
- Free limited benefits health coverage.
- An education award of $5,920 upon successful completion of each 10 month term.
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during your service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further your career
- Potential opportunities to travel in order to respond to disaster events