Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Houston , TX 77001
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Estimator is responsible for the overall integrity and the day-to-day management of the RFQ process which includes, reviewing Customer specifications and drawings, establishing material and third party budgets, estimating manhours, and creating the proposal for submittal to the Customer.
- Work with other Company departments to properly address Customer-specific RFQ requirements.
- Work with Purchasing and vendors to establish material and third party budgets.
- Develop and implement tools for determining budgeted manhours.
- Review and approve proposals prior to submission to Customers.
- Maintain overall RFQ schedule to ensure RFQ submittal dates are being met.
- Communicate with Customer and ensure satisfaction throughout the RFQ process.
- Maintain standards for estimating that meet or exceed Customer expectations.
- Solicit feedback from Customers and work accordingly with the Product Director to implement corrective actions for the sake of continual product improvement and to increase overall Customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the estimating process and collaborate accordingly with the Product Director to develop alternate strategies and techniques for future RFQs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to understand and interact with technically-oriented Customers and Product Group resources.
- Ability to think creatively and to contribute to both strategic and tactical decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity software including Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling and planning software.
- 4-year Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with applicable products in and Estimating, Engineering, Design/Drafting, Project or Product Management, or Product Quality Assurance capacity preferred.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment when in designated areas.
- Stand, bend, sit, stoop, crawl, squat, kneel, lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., and walk for 8-10 hours per day.
- Regularly required to hear and talk.
- Have the ability to see close up.
- Be able to withstand exposure to Production Environment.
- Be able to tolerate high noise levels with the protection of ear-plugs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
This job description is a product of NRG Manufacturing, Inc. and is not intended to list all of the requirements of the job. Some unexpected events may cause changes in normal routine and therefore job duties.
- Team player
- Organized and dependable
- Flexible and adaptable
- Accurate and efficient
- Action oriented
Benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, as well as 401(k) Retirement plan options. We also offer paid vacation, PTO and holidays.