Zen Sherpa LLC
Elwood , KS 66024
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Looking for a dynamic, progressive, innovative design engineering and manufacturing company? Then this company is right for you! A mobile construction equipment design engineering company is looking for a Project Engineering located in the Elwood KS facility.
You must have excellent mechanical project engineering skills, a passion for manufacturing, strong and effective communication skills, and the ability to think fast and turn problems into opportunities.
A preferred candidate is one who can provide mechanical engineering direction/expertise to support company product development efforts in mobile construction equipment.
- Responsible for product line structural, hydraulic, electrical and/or mechanisms engineering application, direction, input, and expertise
- Works within the new product development process to support assigned tasks including new product development, current product enhancements, cost reduction efforts, and product problem resolution(s)
- Commits to agreed-upon to engineering project timelines and budgets
- Provides input and direction for the construction of accurate BOMs, drawings, schematics, and/or systems for assigned projects
- Communicates between different processes, teams, departments, and management hierarchies as required
- Executes and reports the status of assigned tasks to other departments as well as upper management as required
- Participates in both internal and external customer and supplier meetings as necessary to assure achievement of project goals
- Undertakes new tasks or projects as determined by current business needs/requirements.
Knowledge, skills & attributes preferred:
- Exhibits leadership, integrity, resilience, and flexibility to current and new situations, but must always remain a team player with subordinates, peers, and/or management
- Must be high energy, aggressive, results driven, and possess the ability to encourage and to speak up to people and teams to perform as needed
- Has the ability to manage projects, analyze data and costs, prioritize tasks, solve problems, and manage change.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with the immediate team, all participating inside and outside departments, supplier, and customer base, as well as upper management
- Has the ability to manage multiple projects in varying stages of process execution with knowledge, expertise, and motivation to succeed
- Demonstrated proven experience within an engineering team environment
- Minimum BSME or related degree and experience applicable to the position
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or product assembly experience
- Construction and/or commercial vehicle engineering experience is desirable
- Experience with Solidworks ver 2016 and up is a must.
- Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint a plus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (Supplement Life and AD&D offered)
- Disability Insurance (STD & LTD) offered
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Relocation allowance available upon hiring.