Macdonald-Miller Facility Solutions
Seattle , WA 98126
Posted 4 days ago
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (“MacMiller”) we make buildings work better. As the Northwest’s leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our a thousand employees across 10 offices – there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers’ expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction – Engineering, fabrication and install of mechanical systems for new projects following lean construction practices
- Special projects – Retrofits and mechanical repairs for existing buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - scheduled preventative maintenance ensuring tenant comfort, and 24/7 emergency response
- Building performance – Control systems, fault detection, energy services and remote monitoring
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and it’s because we all share the same Core Culture Values:
- Collaboration – Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication –We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety –Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, it’s an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community –We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation –We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! – Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too seriously. It’s possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Performance Contracting Project Engineer: This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Performance Contracting Project Engineer to serve as a Prime Contractor for designated Conservation, Sustainable & Energy focused projects. This person is responsible for assisting the Project Manager in managing to successful completion of the core elements of a project's scope, finances, schedule, resources, and risks. They are expected to assist in all duties associated with the overall planning and coordination of scope to ensure that the project goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The PC Project Engineer will focus on assisting in the daily duties of delivering MMFS Performance Contracting projects to its customers. In return for achieving aggressive goals, you’ll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than you’ve probably ever had.
Top deliverables in the first year to be a hero:
- Communication: Effectively assists in all the project management responsibilities as the primary communication center for all internal and external team members for assigned projects.
- Scope: Proactively supports the preparation of the documentation and monitoring of the execution of a project's scope of work to align with all codes, contractual intent, obligations, and requirements.
- Finances: Assists the Project Manager in monitoring financial details to track, forecast, and communicate to stakeholders all aspects of costs and revenue to ensure the financial health of a project within the unique funding parameters of the project.
- Schedule: Supports the Project Manager in creating and monitoring the plan, schedule, and tracks job progress to provide timely, constructive feedback to personnel concerning projects’ status and concerns.
- Resources: Assists in defining, planning, and scheduling of material, equipment, subcontractors, and personnel needed to facilitate the procurement process and staffing for the project.
- Risks: Continuously assess, identify, and communicate unique items of risks on the project to the Project Manager to ensure risk mitigation plans are established for timely resolution.
- Relationships: Demonstrate a genuine respect for co-workers and a sincere desire to serve our internal and external customers and develop positive rapport with customers and suppliers.
The Performance Contracting Project Engineer role reports to John Van Hersett, Senior Project Manager, on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have…
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Project Engineer in Performance Contracting, Owner Direct Specialty Construction, or MEP Coordination with a General Contractor with a general understanding of mechanical, electrical, building controls, and building management systems.
- Knowledge of or adjacent experience supporting project financing options, utility incentives, and other identified grant/rebate programs.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering or other education and/or experience by which a reasonable understanding of project management has been gained.
And everyone you work with should describe you as…
- Passionate and positive
- Strong Communicator
And you should be motivated by…
- Having a high level of influence and ownership of environmentally focused projects Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you’ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Where you will work
Our Seattle HQ Office (7717 Detroit Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106) in the SoDo Area has easy access to Downtown and West Seattle, ample free parking, an onsite gym, and, not to mention, great views! Neighborhood amenities, including diverse and hip restaurants and breweries, nearby stadium events, and convenient freeway/airport access.
Interested to learn more?
If you’re ready for an adventure and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach out to them to get introduced to the team!
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.