Macdonald-Miller Facility Solutions
Seattle , WA 98126
Posted 1 week ago
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions(MacMiller) wemake buildings work better. As the Northwests leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1000 employees across11offices there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers expectations andexecuting with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction Engineering, fabrication and install of mechanical systems for new projectsfollowing leanconstructionpractices
- Special projectsRetrofits and mechanical repairsfor existing buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - scheduledpreventativemaintenance ensuring tenantcomfort,and 24/7 emergency response
- Building performanceControlsystems, fault detection,energy services and remote monitoring
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and its because we all share the same Core Culture Values:
- Collaboration Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, its an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too seriously. Its possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Project Engineer:This is where you come in.
Were looking for a Project Engineer who will work effectively on our Performance Contracting team and with office and field employees to help get a big job done, whether thats flexing your creative muscles to figure out how to renovate an existing system or help an entire brand-new building come together. Performance Contracting is more than just HVAC and Plumbing- It looks at the bigger picture of the project as a whole through a general contractor-type lens to assess the overall health of a building. This is an entry-level position to get into Project Management and will require a lot of time spent on job sites. In return for hard work and achieving aggressive goals, youll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than youve probably ever had.
Top deliverables in the first year to be a hero:
- Increase your skills by studying HVAC and plumbing systems and learning as much as you can from the very talented people around you!
- Assist in preparing subcontracts, purchase orders, correspondence field questions, and job write-ups to learn more about how a building comes together.
- Schedule and track job progress, including delivery of equipment and materials.
The Project Engineer role reports to John Van Hersett- Manager, PC Project Management, and works on a collaborative team working on Performance Contracting projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have
- A track record of delivering excellent, detailed work (in school, extracurriculars, or work)
- An interest and aptitude in mechanical systems
- Bachelors degree in construction management
And everyone you work with should describe you as
- Easy to get along with
- Easily adaptable
- Able to flex between details and the big picture
And you should be motivated by
- Helping a big project come together keeping the long-term in mind while working on the short-term and assisting in the day-to-day.
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where youll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees(coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Where you will work
Our Seattle HQ office (17930 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98188) has easy access to the SeaTac International Airport, ample secured parking, and newly renovated office facilities - not to mention great views! Neighborhood amenities include an onsite deli, restaurants, and convenient freeway/airport access.
Interested in learning more?
If youre ready for an adventure, and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation!
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.