New York , NY 10018
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Armand Corporation is currently looking for a full-time Project Engineer to join our construction management team. This position will be responsible for facilitating multiple public-sector projects in the NYC Metro area. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, professional, and able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
This position will report to our Midtown Manhattan office, but will be expected to travel to job sites, client offices, and other Armand locations as needed. Salary range is 50-70K.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help coordinate and manage assigned projects from inception to completion by carrying out daily operational tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Contribute to the strategic planning phase of upcoming projects.
- Review project designs for accuracy, feasibility, and budgeting purposes.
- Facilitate communications between the office and field; oversee daily tasks of field personnel.
- Maintain detailed daily reports and cost monitoring to ensure adherence to deadlines and schedules.
- Report on work progress and budget matters to management and clients, as needed.
- Help problem solve issues and suggest ways to improve projects.
- Organize, file, and maintain all current project documentation; enter information into and manage the digital project databases.
- Establish good working relationships with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Respond to work delays and other problems and emergencies.
- Schedule meetings, phone calls, site visits, etc.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities, coordinate inspections.
- Ensure state, local, and federal safety and environmental compliance with requirements.
- Participate in bid proposal presentations and other business development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous experience administering and/or managing construction projects.
- Additional credentials, including PE license, PMP, CCM, and OSHA certifications, are a plus.
- Strong familiarity with NYCDOB Local Law requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel) and Microsoft Project / Primavera software.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to work independently as well.
- Focused and supportive to management at all times.
- Adaptable and calm under pressure; expert problem solver.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Armand Corporation is an award-winning project/program management firm that has managed public projects for 28 years. We offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401K plan; and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer.