Project Director Internal Medicine & Neurology
Durham , NC 27701
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
TFS is a Global CRO headquartered in Sweden. We genuinely believe that Global in mind and local at heart is the core of our success; we operate in a global environment while retaining an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements in every country where we operate. At TFS, you will be offered the possibility to develop in a global organization with a company culture distinguished by passion, innovation and talent.
The Project Director will have the overall responsibility for managing a group of studies sponsored by one company or multinational projects on high complexity with high financial value. The individual programs will be managed by Project Managers, Senior Project Managers or Associate Project Directors. Each project will be managed in accordance with company policies, SOPs, regulatory requirements in addition to financial and contractual obligations. The Project Director will plan and pro-actively manage multidisciplinary study teams (including Project Management, Site Management, Data Management, Statistics, Medical Writing, Regulatory and Safety) to ensure key milestones are achieved and studies are performed within budget, on schedule and in compliance with the appropriate - quality standards.The Project Director may assist Project Managers, Senior Project Managers and Associate Project Directors in the identification of critical project task/issues and recommend course of actions to expedite project objectives and function as a project senior-level governance contact for issue escalation matters.
Essential job functions:
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget and in compliance with applicable quality standards
- Manages the strategic aspects of projects and mitigates any risk, including the implications of difference technical and operational choices.
- Will oversee Project Managers and Senior Project Managers and Associate Project Directors,assigned to their programs, including responsibility for project specific oversight, as required.
- Mentor and coach for Associate Project Directors, Project Managers or senior Project Managers when needed
- Serve as key client contact for assigned program, communicates effectively with clients tos uccessfully manage the relationship and manage client expectations
- Anticipate clients needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies and plan actions accordingly
- Ensure and oversight the develop and maintenance of Project Plans and timelines for their projects
- Ensure all study team members is adequately trained on project specific systems and procedures
- Develops, implements, and maintains sound business practices
- Manage the project budget, profitability and ensure invoicing is performed on time and in accordance with the scope of work
- Facilitate internal and external communication and provide visible leadership through effective problem solving and solutions generation.
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Oversight or establish and maintain relationship with third parties/vendors
- Working with the Finance & Accounting team to analyze profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across their projects.
- Manage the resource allocation, on the project, in collaboration with respective Project Managers and line managers
- Manages high-level deliverables across the organization
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects or programs
- Participate in capability presentations/bid defenses, as needed
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Find creative and cost-effective ways to meet quality metrics. Use experience from past projects and lessons learned to adapt and implement quality improvements across projects currently being managed.
- May provides leadership, guidance and support for Business Development opportunities,including participate in business proposal generation and final review process
- Participate in discussions of strategic options and study execution challenges/opportunities with the client during the proposal development
- May assist in the process of selection of PM
- Provide performance feedback of the team members to the corresponding manager
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in life science or RN diploma or equivalent
- 10 years of relevant experience within clinical research
- In depth knowledge of clinical research regulatory regulations governing the conduct of the clinical trials and quality standards
- In depth knowledge of project planning and metrics
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff particularly in multinational programs
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing priorities
- Internal and external negotiation skills
- Proficient in team leadership, facilitation, conflict management, decision making and teamwork
- Ability and willingness to travel to -10%
What can we offer you?
A great place to work where you will get the chance to push your career to the next level, global environment with global opportunities. You will also get the opportunity to be part of a team with highly intelligent, passionate experts from all over the world. TFS is a place for inspiration where we focus on the patients, saving lives and aiming to increase their quality of life by supporting our clients