Transform Home Services
Livermore , CA 94550
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Home Improvement Project Coordinator
This position is responsible for the control and management of the installation process for a specific product or an assigned set of products within the district. These responsibilities include scheduling, quality/customer satisfaction, customer service, materials management and the management of the independent contractor workforce. This position has the authority to identify, recruit, select and bring under contract independent contractors. The position is accountable for the inspection of the work of all new sub-contractors to ensure that the quality and consistency of workmanship. In addition, this position is the primary liaison between the customer and the company concerning installation, contract and service issues, and has the discretion to settle customer issues.
- Support the installation process by supervising all jobs in progress from start to finish: a. Scheduling jobs with the customer. b. Selecting and assigning the most qualified sub-contractor for the job. c. Scheduling the sub-contractor. d. Identify any special requirements in the job and communicate to the sub-contractor. e. Responsibility to review the job contract as sold to determine what services can and cannot be done.
- Support the installation process by recruiting and training sub-contractors: a. Develop and implement recruitment strategies in conjunction with the HR Department. b. Develop the criteria used to select sub-contractors. c. Interview, select, and bring under contract all sub-contractors. d. Develop and implement orientation and training for sub-contractors on Sears products and installation processes. e. Inspect and monitor work of sub-contractors to ensure that the quality and workmanship meets standards.
- Support the installation process by controlling the communications with the customer on job and service issues. a. Resolve customer service disputes on work in progress and completed jobs according to companys service policy. b. Complete In-progress calls. c. Conduct customer post calls. d. Settle customer issues based on individual discretion up to the settlement authority level.
- Support the installation process through effective materials management: a. Order materials and product required for each job to enable the work to be performed. b. Assess inventory needs and maintain efficient levels of inventory for the product/products assigned. c. Manage warehouse worker (and/or temporary workers if a full-time warehouse worker is not assigned). d. Resolve vendor issues. e. Perform warehouse duties in emergency situations only.
- Maintain QED standards in district location.
- Ensure proper permits and licenses for all jobs have been obtained and are continually maintained.
- Ensure that all sub-contractors carry the required insurance coverage, and ensure that the coverage remains current (non-expired).
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed for each completed job: a. Verify and approve for payment all contractor labor bills. b. Verify that all completion forms are returned with customer's signature. c. Verify job completion costs
- Complete Backlog Update.
- Assist the sales department in training new Project Consultants in regards to product knowledge and installation procedures
- Enforce proper procedures of certification program.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The incumbent maintains indirect responsibility for:
- Follow-up on all phone inquiries from the customer, sales staff, product vendor and/or sub-contractor. Research and report inventory variance discrepancies.
- Ability to lift and walk with up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel, by automobile, to and from a customers home/jobsite
- Ability to access and maneuver around a customers property
- Ability to maneuver inconsistent terrain
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and walk up stairs
What we are looking for:
- Two (2) to Five (5) years on-the-job experience in the construction business (management experience preferred).
- As required by state contractor licensing law, it may be required as a condition of employment for an incumbent in this role to hold a specific license related to the nature of installation / construction work performed by this business and the knowledge awareness required in this role.
- Must possess valid drivers license and vehicle insurance
- High School Diploma
- Strong operational experience in at least one product line (i.e. siding, windows, kitchens, HVAC)
- Experience managing subcontractors or a subcontractor based business preferred.
- Computer proficiency required Role specific abilities/skills
- Excellent organizational skills required in office and warehouse.
- Ability to establish priorities and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise warehouse personnel.
- Ability to travel on average 8 -10 site inspections per month and to complete same day site inspections if needed.
- Ability to travel to site and complete unannounced spot checks on sub-contractors.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
- Paid time off and paid major holidays
- Health, life, vision, and optional benefits
- Competitive compensation