Idyllic Enterprises LLC
Scott City , MO 63780
Posted 9 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Creative Compounds continually searches the world markets to deal directly with legitimate manufacturers. This criteria allows us to directly control the quality of materials that we bring our customers by only providing ingredients that meet our high standards, such as all materials are HPLC tested by independent US labs.
We are currently seeking a Sourcing & Project Coordinator to join our Purchasing Department and support our team.
- Market research and data collection to identify trustworthy manufacturing facilities and vendors to supply specialty ingredients.
- Manage different projects for specialty ingredients for the food, beverages and nutraceutical markets.
- Understand and analyze market dynamics for specific ingredients.
- Obtain quotes from vendors and update prices in the database and MS Excel.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data.
- Review bids, analyze prices and terms, and recommend a reliable supplier without sacrificing quality.
- Ensure compliance to Company policies and procedures.
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions, make recommendations and prepare required reports in MS Excel.
- Provide analysis on quotes received from potential suppliers and make recommendations to Management.
- Negotiate prices and terms with potential suppliers as required.
- Manage all communication with vendors, resolve issues in a timely manner and sustain networking relationships.
- Receive samples of materials requested and process accordingly.
- Accomplish assigned tasks on time and summarize search results.
- Notify Purchasing Manager of any constraint with vendors and assigned projects.
- Desire to take on new responsibilities and perform other job duties as required.
- Math skills - must be able to compare prices and offers from different suppliers to ensure the company is getting the best deal.
- Negotiation skills:
- Must be able to negotiate prices and terms with potential suppliers.
- Interpersonal skills and self-confidence can help lead to successful negotiations.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented.
- Analytical skills:
- When evaluating suppliers, must analyze the options and choose a supplier with the best combination of price, quality, delivery and service.
- Must speak, read and write English (Chinese is a plus).
- Familiarity with sourcing and online market research of raw ingredients.
- Ability to prioritize and remain highly organized.
- Problem solving and customer service oriented.
- Build and maintain relationships as part of a team.
- Knowledge in sourcing, online research, nutrition, raw ingredients and the ability to learn basic chemistry, preferred.
- Previous work experience in nutrition, market research, project coordination and chemistry is a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook.
- Must have advanced Internet navigation and research skills - Capable of using different search and sourcing engines.
- Experience in data entry and processing.
Benefits include medical insurance (offered after 60 days); dental, vision, life, disability, and specialty insurance (offered through AFLAC after 60 days); and retirement savings fund eligibility (offered after 1 year that includes a 3% company match). The Company offers paid holidays, possible flex time and potential for bonus. New employees accrue a generous amount of paid vacation and sick time which increases with seniority.