Participation in leading, planning, organizing, staffing, monitoring activities, as well as ensure completion of programs/projects on time and at targeted cost. Assist divisional leaders in designing operational strategies, developing and presenting project plans for approval, and following through by measuring results against targeted goal(s). Participate in the development of action plans for all assigned initiatives to include assisting with the establishment of annual goals and objectives associated with achieving successful outcomes.
• Manage the full cycle of business plan as it relates to production, fulfillment, cross-dock, and increasing transportation revenue.
• Conduct weekly synchronization meeting(s), and effectively communicate topics and meeting minutes to all attendees.
• Assess operational strengths and weaknesses and develop program for improvements.
• Establishing measurable objectives for evaluating projects from start to finish.
• Utilize cost build up process to timely capture scope creep and ensure billing for all services is completed.
• Effectively communicate with all VP’s to ensure successful and efficient project(s) management.
• Assist with establishing a monthly budget to ensure operation within or under approved budget.
• Monitor and analyze all budgeted project expenditures on a monthly basis, including overhead.
• Conduct monthly reviews of project(s) and justify variances as well as address any discrepancies.
• Develop timelines for projects/programs.
• Collect, analyze and report project performance data on a weekly basis.
• Report evaluation findings to the Vice President of Operations and recommend changes to enhance the program.
• Use Microsoft project or similar tool(s) to maintain visibility to projects/programs.
• Produce and review performance indicators with VP and facility Directors and Managers.
• Execute and manage all approved plans for divisional initiatives and site realignments.
• Immediately notifying VP of Operations regarding issues/projects/problems that will lead to a delay or failure of mission.
• Drive cost improvement and efficiencies, by identifying system improvements, optimizing resources, and square footage utilization.
• Discuss and alignment with procurement on raw materials, inventory requirements, and levels for all projects.
• Define project requirements (timeline, budget, equipment, materials, facilities, & resources by functional requirements).
• Promptly notify Supervisor of any legal and safety issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Analysis
Time Management Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, or Logistics or equivalent.
Project Management Professional Certification.
5 years’ experience working with production, fulfillment, warehousing, transportation, and results oriented operations.
Experience working with Quality Management Systems.
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
Familiarity with cross border operations, Maquiladora process and North American Free Trade Agreement helpful.
Job Type: Full-time