Program Manager For Entrepreneurship
Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
Westborough , MA 01580
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Program Manager for Entrepreneurship leads the Innovation Institutes policy content and program support for all activities associated with improving the ecosystem for entrepreneurship and new business startups in the state.
This appropriation funded position, works closely with the Director of the Innovation Institute and other senior managers the Program Manager for Entrepreneurship will have principle responsibility for managing the states Mentorship Investment Program and for the development and implementation of additional program activities that support favorable conditions for entrepreneurship and startup entrepreneurs in the states innovation ecosystem. The Program Manager will also be responsible for identifying and executing program activities that lead to conditions more favorable to the scale up of startup enterprises in the Commonwealth.
The Program Manager will be responsible for analyzing the current ecosystem for entrepreneurial activity in Massachusetts and to recommend state strategies that tighten connections and increase capacities across the Commonwealth to support entrepreneurship and increase the number of jobs, revenues and new business activities that this segment of the economy contributes.
The Innovation Institutes Program Manager for Entrepreneurship will be responsible for organizing an informal knowledge sharing network among practitioners and thought leaders across the states network of mentorship, entrepreneurship and business accelerator programs.
- Provide strategic policy and program support for activities to improve the ecosystem for entrepreneurship and new business startups in the state.
- Conduct and/or manage strategic analysis to identify unmet needs in the ecosystem for entrepreneurship and new business startups in the state.
- Further develop and refine the program logic for the Massachusetts Mentorship Investment Program
- Manage individual grants made through the Mentorship Program and other innovation-based economic development grants awarded by the Innovation Institute.
- Build and maintain an understanding of and relationships with the Massachusetts entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Assume senior level responsibility for planning, executing and coordinating targeted project-based activities focused on increasing capacities and supporting entrepreneurship within the states innovation ecosystem.
- Support initiatives intended to support and create fledgling and emerging ecosystems in underserved regions and for underserved populations.
- Collaborate and team with colleagues both within the Mass Tech Collaborative and at other public agencies, incubators/accelerators, maker spaces, co-working spaces and universities to identify trends and opportunities within existing ecosystems.
- Assume direct responsibility and accountability for the quality of communications and supporting work documents.
- Work with other departments within the Mass Tech Collaborative, such as Legal, Finance and Administration and Human Resources in order to process documents and paper work in a timely and professional manner.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in liberal arts, business administration, management, entrepreneurship, public affairs, or technology-related fields; or equivalent work experience.
- A masters degree is beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience working with entrepreneurs, with demonstrated understanding of the conditions necessary to support an ecosystem for entrepreneurship in the state.
- Evidence of taking personal responsibility for providing detailed management and coordination of initiatives involving genuine collaboration between multiple groups and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience conduction strategic analysis and supporting sound policymaking.
- Demonstrated ability to manage modest public investments in mentorship; entrepreneurship and other innovation-based economic development project.
- Evidence of career experience in efforts to translate public policy into action-oriented initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Strong diplomacy, organization and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Demonstrated proficiency in research, analysis and the dissemination of information.
- Ability to work successfully and collaboratively as part of a team and with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex issues and design and deliver creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of constituencies across community, industry and political domains.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel throughout the State to meetings and provider locations.
This position works within established goals and priorities under the general supervision of the Director of Innovation Institute at the Mass Tech Collaborative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers to write, operate office machines, computers and telephones.
- The Corporations Personnel Policy is hereby incorporated by reference as if expressly set forth herein.
- This position description is not a written or implied contract, and may be revised or amended by the corporation at any time and for any reason. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. This position is appropriation funded through the Massachusetts Mentorship program.
- The duties contained in this position description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed by the position. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The Corporation reserves the right to amend, alter, modify, revise, reduce, restrict, and/or terminate any or all of its Policies and Procedures at any time and for any reason, including, particularly without limitation, those provisions regarding employee benefits.