Program Manager- Hardware
Join one of Colorado's fastest growing companies! What makes them unique from other companies is that you are part of the solution, you have a voice and part of the growth. They offer work life balance, fantastic 9/80 schedule and excellent benefits!
The program manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the program timeline, costing and overall forecasting for programs assigned to him/her. The program manager will be the primary person responsible for program related communication with external customers, internal program teams and Company management.
· Provide leadership in efforts to make programs more efficient and more cost effective. The goal is to reduce the amount of time needed to complete tasks while maintaining consistent high quality.
· Responsible for gross margin and schedule compliance, and customer satisfaction.
· Exemplify leadership and management skills to direct the program teams in the development of battery hardware for space flight programs and R&D purposes. Deliverables can take the form of finished product, engineering support, analyses, or any other item specifically called out as a deliverable in our contracts.
· Provide clear direction, communication and feedback on program tasks.
· Act as the primary point of contact with external customers on all program-related matters, including reviews and technical interchange meetings.
· Lead internal and external program meetings and reviews to highlight progress and ensure customer requirements are met.
· Apply knowledge of key program management processes, including risk assessment, program planning, program phases, resource planning, cost control and forecasting.
· Direct program schedules for technical, quality assurance, manufacturing and test personnel.
· Produce and communicate program schedules and forecasts as required.
· Represent program management at program, interdepartmental, operations and business unit meetings.
· Support Business Development by providing program management inputs for bid proposal efforts.
· Motivate and facilitate multi-disciplined teams.
· Monitor and control work in progress for technical adequacy and completion.
· Ensure that all contractual requirements are understood and satisfied.
· Some travel required, up to 10% of the time.
· Undergraduate degree in Engineering or related technical field
· 5 years of Space Flight Hardware experience preferred- 5+ years of Program Management with a Hardware emphasis is required.
· 5+ years program management experience required
· Familiarity with cost plus programs and earned value management preferred
· Demonstrated leadership capability
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good working knowledge of MS Office applications, Visio and Project
· This position performs work for the US Government and is controlled by export restrictions. Therefore qualified candidates must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Competitive Compensation+ Excellent Benefits