Program Manager (Direct Care)- Turning Point, Inc
Newburyport , MA 01950
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
PuzzleHR is a premier managed HR company recruiting on behalf of Turning Point.
Location: Multiple Locations: Beverly, MA and Middleton, MA
Salary: $24-$25 hourly
Job Summary: Turning Point, Inc is seeking an experienced Program Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations and supervision of Direct Support staff in a residential setting with developmentally disabled individuals. The Program Manager is responsible for operational, administrative, and ISP goals for all individuals supported in the program.
- Ensure the safety and Human Rights of all individuals residing in the residential group home
- Exercises routine decision making regarding the program. Refer complex situations to the Coordinator of Program Services for consultation
- Interview, hire, orient, and train employees.
- Provide on-going monitoring, coaching and guidance regarding employee performance, conduct performance reviews and developmental goal meetings.
- Direct and communicate Turning Point, Inc.s organizational and program mission, goals and objectives to staff
- Delegate programmatic responsibilities to Lead and/or Direct Support Staff
- Develop, implement, and monitor all household routines and procedures, including ensuring that all standards of hygiene and household cleanliness are maintained
- Manage financial matters directly related to individuals funds and household budget
- Conduct menu planning with input from the individuals, following any physician ordered diets, as well as keeping in mind good nutritional choices. Ensures adequate food supply is always in the program by completing or assigning grocery shopping to a staff person and by checking that the menus and dietary plans are being followed
- Act as a liaison with the individuals families/guardians, DDS/MRC/Forensic Service Coordinators/Case Managers, and day program staff. Ensures the monthly communication forms are completed and mailed to the families/guardians
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings with program staff
- Ensure all individuals are taken to medical, dental, psychiatric, and other appointments as indicated and that appropriate follow-ups are completed
- Maintain and update program information required by DDS/MRC licensing and/or Survey and Certification Standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA and/or equivalent experience, preferably prior management and/or supervisory experience in a residential setting
- A minimum of (5+) five years direct support residential experience and/or closely related experience working with intellectually and developmentally disabled individuals and/or individuals with traumatic brain injury, including experience and/or demonstration of prior leadership and supervisory experience
- Thorough working knowledge of the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), and/or Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) regulations and the ISP process
- Prior experience with behavior plans for developmentally disabled individuals and/or individuals with traumatic brain injury
- Possession of a current First Aid, CPR, and MAP certifications, and any other certification, as required for the specific position prior to beginning work and continuing of employment. Ability to obtain a Positive Behavioral Supports certification and maintain PABC certification as required
- Position will require frequent standing, walking, stooping, bending, as well as occasional driving to transport individuals to their day programs, medical appointments, and community activities. Additionally, occasional lifting will be required depending on individuals supported.
Turning Point, Inc. is a non-profit organization that is committed to providing exceptional services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Turning Point, with its team of dedicated employees, strives to teach, empower and encourage the individuals to be self-confident and to make positive contributions to their communities. In doing so, we remain committed to providing a safe and healthy environment on their journey.
We believe in empowering our individuals to be the best people they can be. We provide the finest staffing and managerial oversight to ensure the safety of our individuals and offer our staff the proper development tools and training to help them succeed.
*Eligible starting the first day of employment*
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spend Account
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 403b Plans
- Up to 140+ hours of PTO available (must be eligible)
- Sign On bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement