Coley & Associates
Arlington , VA 22201
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We have an immediate need for a Program Manager who will work at the U.S. Department of States Foreign Service Institute (FSI) Leadership and Management School (LMS) the Governments premier foreign affairs training provider.
You will work onsite at the George P. Shultz National Foreign Affairs Training Center in Arlington, Virginia. Situated in a campus-like setting of 72 acres, the Shultz offers more than 800 courses (nearly 600 on campus and 275 via distance learning platforms) with approximately 170,000 enrollments annually.
Your work will help FSI continue to be a catalyst for Global Change by employing cutting-edge educational technology, the latest advancements in cognitive research, and the work of innovative thought leaders from around the world to broaden organizational capacities and to strive for better outcomes for our country and the world.What Youll Bring
- Provide oversight of personnel executing LMS leadership courses, program and crisis management training.
- Design and develop curriculum, courses or programs.
- Provide coaching services and organizational development services.
Highly Desired Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS in Business Administration or a related academic discipline required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing a federal contract workforce or six (6) plus years of progressively increasing management responsibilities in a government agency setting.
- Demonstrated experience managing federal contracts in excess of $5 million annual Expenditures.
- Experience administering or managing contract(s) subject to the Service Contract Labor Standards (SCA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite programs sufficient to perform assigned KPM duties.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience to coordinate with various organizational stakeholder CORs /ACORs/GTMs.
- Ability to discern priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with time constraints effectively.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- U.S Citizenship required.
Compensation & Benefits
- Demonstrated contract management experience in an educational or training context with an emphasis on adult learning.
- Prior experience working with Foreign Affairs agencies (e.g., Department of State, USAID, and Intelligence agencies).
- Specific knowledge of embassy operations overseas, understanding of a global workforce, and cross cultural understanding living and/or working outside of the United States.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package including base salary, generous paid time off, and a full range of benefits including medical, RX, vision and dental coverage for full-time regular employees. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, and Group Life and AD&D Insurance; plus Optional Life Insurance is available for both the employee & family members. We also provide many other benefits including an Employee Recognition Programs, Employee Assistance Program; Training for Technical, Professional and Personal Development; and Employee Performance and Idea Incentives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.