Program Manager - Clinical Operations
Boston , MA 02128
Posted 2 weeks ago
Empatica is a full-stack, digital healthcare company, forever changing the way health is monitored and new treatments are developed through our AI platform, digital biomarkers, and state-of-the-art medical wearables. Our customers range from some of the worlds largest institutions (such as NASA, Harvard University, and top-tier pharmaceutical companies, to name a few), to individual users who message us every day and tell us how our products changed their lives.
If you are looking to join a fast-paced growth environment and do meaningful work that can make a true impact in the world, then keep reading.
About the role
As a Clinical Program Manager, you will be the main driver behind two types of activities: managing Empatica's internal efforts in the clinical space, and monitoring and coordinating the data acquisition work in multi-center clinical studies. You will oversee the project management of research projects with our highest-profile pharmaceutical clients, and be the main point of contact and person responsible for ensuring the overall success of the project.
Working together with the rest of the Clinical Operations team, you will:
- Oversee and drive the successful execution of ground-breaking research projects.
- Coordinate the effort of multiple stakeholders (data scientists from Empatica, pharma companies, clinical researchers) and keep everyone aligned and on schedule.
- Hold frequent check-ins with the client, and represent Empatica among its highest-tier research and business clients.
- Ultimately, improve people's lives, via ensuring the successful delivery of new therapeutics and diagnostics.
We are operating a hybrid model where our employees choose whether to work from home or come to the office.
As the ideal candidate for this position you have:
- A strong academic background (Masters degree), preferably in medicine, technology or biology. A firm understanding of novel digital technologies is mandatory
- Some years of experience in a similar position, although at Empatica we focus less on years of experience and more on talent. We are a young company where you can rise fast no matter your age
- A passion for technology and innovation
- A genuine interest, passion, and motivation for Empatica's mission: to unlock a better, data-driven understanding of human health, and drive better outcomes for millions of people
- Solid technical and practical expertise leading complex operational and strategic projects
- A firm sense of accountability and must be good at prioritization
- A pragmatic and execution mindset
- Resilience, a get-things-done attitude, and an innate desire to do great work
Previous experience in clinical operations is not mandatory, but it is a plus (e.g. biomedical research administration or healthcare, bioengineering background, knowledge of bioethics, etc.).
Life at Empatica
You will join a fast-growing, international, and diverse team of 100+ talented people who care passionately about what we do and the difference we are making in the world. Youll get the opportunity to work directly with colleagues across all levels of the organization, no matter their seniority, and learn from the people that built the business and our products.
If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot, have true ownership of your work, and test your whole skillset on multiple projects which are helping thousands of people worldwide.
Read our blog post and find out some reasons why we love working at Empatica.
Inclusion & Diversity
At Empatica we embrace diversity and inclusion. We have colleagues from 25 different countries, while more than 50% of our team is women (double the tech average!) We believe this makes Empatica a more exciting and stimulating place to work, and brings different points of view to the table while fostering a spirit of communication, collaboration, and care, where everyones opinion and thoughts matter.
- Multiple opportunities to be challenged and step up your career in a fast-growth company in one of the hottest areas of tech
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options - we want everyone who joins us to own part of the company and our success
- We have offices in Milan City Center and Downtown Boston. And every summer, we hold an amazing beach retreat in Sardinia, Italy
- Gympass membership with access to gyms, online classes, personal training sessions, and nutrition plans
- Membership for mental health and wellness platforms
- Health Insurance
- Free healthy lunch every day
- Your personal MacBook
- Free Kindle and books
- Remote working option
- Flexible working hours
- Personal learning and development budget
- Much more