Tewksbury , MA 01876
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Ascent AeroSystems is one of the most exciting new players in the UAS industry, and our unique coaxial designs provide the foundation for the most portable and durable vehicles available anywhere. Due to rapid growth we are looking for a proactive, motivated, and highly organized individual to be a Program Manager. With an expanding portfolio of contracts with customers across the defense, public safety and industrial industries, this position will be instrumental in the growth if our business and has tremendous career growth opportunities.
The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating the successful completion of hardware and service contracts with government and industry customers. Acting as the central focal point and authority for one or more programs execution, the PM provides a single point of contact for program activities to both internal and external customers. A collaborative approach is necessary as the PM will coordinate program priorities, production schedules, and detailed contract deliverables across departments to ensure the on-time delivery for each program. This individual will have daily interaction with other functional leadership to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. Other focus areas of this position include cost, quality, delivery, safety, and identification/implementation of continuous improvement opportunities that are critical performance criteria for success.
- Management of all elements throughout the programs life-cycle, from contract negotiation through post-delivery reviews
- Actively supports the Business Development team in bidding and capturing opportunities
- Assists and/or coordinates the preparation of cost and technical proposals
- Develops and maintains program plans including budget, Estimate at Completion (EAC), resource allocation, and communications
- Defines, implements, and manages a program controls and success criteria
- Coordinates and aligns project teams and their inter-dependencies. Establishes, communicates, and manages program priorities.
- Identifies, analyzes, and manages all program-level risk
- Aligns and informs stakeholders of programs status and health. Leads program meetings and program reviews with the customer and executive staff.
- Supports the creation and maintenance of product requirements
- Ensures stakeholder alignment and manages overall customer satisfaction
- Manages potential changes in program scope and advise leadership and customer of potential impact
- Ensures adherence to Company policies and processes
- Advanced knowledge of project management industry standard practices
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills and fluidity in learning new platforms
- Proven ability to prepare and present reports and briefings
- Experience in developing, supporting, and maintaining strong relationships w/respective program PPL and Functional Partners as well as end-using customers
- Familiarity with aerospace / defense systems technology domains and manufacturing
- B.S./B.A. (preferred fields but not limited to: Engineering; Operations Mgmt; Business Mgmt, Finance)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance
- PMP certification desirable
For the right candidate we offer a competitive salary, benefits (including health, dental and vision), 401(k), a vesting equity stake, a terrific work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of one of the most exciting parts of the tech industry.