Program Coordinator - Oklahoma, Chickasha
Chickasha , OK 73018
Posted 1 week ago
HealthCorps is a 501 (c)(3) corporation that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives. Founded in 2003 by Dr. Mehmet Oz, HealthCorps mission is to strengthen communities with the most innovative approaches to health and wellness to help the next generation be more resilient, both mentally and physically. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought. Our nationwide team accomplishes this by deploying motivated recent college graduates to limited-resource middle and high schools for two years of service.
Program Coordinators will implement an innovative in-school program that empowers teens to make healthier choices for themselves and their families. They are mentors and catalysts for sustainable changes within the school community. This unique experience happens at one or multiple middle &/or high schools, where a tailored edition of the HealthCorps Living Labs program is developed and implemented by the Program Coordinator.
The HealthCorps Coordinator experience has served as a path to medical school and advanced degrees in public health, education and public policy. HealthCorps Coordinators have the opportunity to interact with leading authorities in health and wellness and thus further impact the communities they serve.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with the school and school district personnel including administrators, faculty, and cafeteria staff;
- Deliver and facilitate the HealthCorps curriculum (fitness, nutrition, mental resilience, and personal health) in classrooms in partnership with school teachers throughout the school year;
- Extend HealthCorps message beyond the classroom by organizing health promoting events and activities at their school site including weekly after school club meetings, monthly Caf O Yea lunchtime demonstrations, and an annual health fair;
- Support health initiatives beyond the student by organizing staff wellness challenges, parent events, and trainings that support goals of sustainable change within the site community;
- Participate in school or district wellness council; complete Alliance for a Healthier Generation Assessment and Action Plan; facilitate a student and community stakeholder leadership project to improve wellness policy, systems and/or environment in the school community;
- Conduct primary data collection with the HealthCorps Monitoring and Evaluation Department and record all program reach information in Salesforce;
- Serve as a mentor and role-model to the students;
- Oversee and implement yearly budget and complete monthly budget reports;
- Attend and actively participate in summer training and ongoing professional development sessions throughout the year;
- Participate and assist in the planning of additional regional HealthCorps-related events
- The Program Coordinator may also be required to fulfill additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelors Degree Required. Majors in Pre-Med, Health or Education related field preferred. Recent college graduates eager to utilize their education to improve the lives of others
- Concrete knowledge of Health and Wellness; and/or Education, and Training
- Highly desired experience in addressing health disparities in a community setting- Experience working in education &/or youth development
- Commitment to serving full-time in a limited resource community
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a passion to be a part of HealthCorps mission
- Strong interpersonal skills ability to build and cultivate personal relationships and relate to people from diverse backgrounds, sectors, and experiences
- Organized and an ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once
- Proactive, self-starter, and solution seeker
- Openness and willingness to grow professionally and personally
- Bilingual a plus in some regional locations
Additional Position Details:
All Program Coordinator positions are at-will. Though positions are designed to last for two years, contracts will be provided on a year-to-year basis and are not guaranteed for a set period of time. Please be mindful that in order to give your students and communities the support needed, it is imperative that you are committed to the full length of service. Interruption in your employment due to performance or anything leading to early termination of your contract can lead to a negative impact on programming at your school.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR APPLICATION PROCESS
- Submit a completed application which includes resume, cover letter and video submission.
- Video interview with the hiring team.
- You will receive a meeting invite confirming time for the video interview.
- Information on how to connect to Zoom.us will be provided when interview is confirmed.
- Final phone interview with the HR Department.
Application Video instructions:
Total length: 1:00-3:00 minutes
- Coordinators work within their community to create sustainable change by improving the wellness policy, systems and environment in which our students learn and live. These efforts meet a particular health need of the school or community they work in surrounding nutrition, physical fitness or mental resilience. Consider your hometown, place of residence, local high school, or college campus, what is a project you could implement that would help to transform it into a healthier environment? Please provide a thorough description of the steps you would take to make this policy, system or environmental change and how it will impact your chosen community. We look forward to learning about your creative and innovative project ideas.
How to submit your video:
- You can upload your video on any web- accessible cloud-based platform, as long as an access link in provided to us in your application. YouTube.com is a popular online video sharing website that is free to use and has the ability to be shared publicly or privately.
- The application platform where you will be submitting your interest in this position will include a text box where you will be instructed to provide your introductory video link. Please check that the link provided is active at your time of application.
- As a full-time employee Basic Life insurance coverage with accidental death and dismemberment in amount of 50K is offered, and is paid for by HealthCorps. Benefits and 401K are available to you, your position will also include nine (9) HC Holidays. Fringe benefits including health, dental and vision insurance are available 30 days after date of hire. Please note that HealthCorps pays for a portion of your employee benefits.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All new hires must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- HealthCorps offers a competitive salary that varies based on cost of living in the selected geographic location
HealthCorps, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. HealthCorps, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HealthCorps, Inc reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer, therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, if any. The offer described above is contingent upon the results of your drug screening.