Professional Pet Groomer - Appalachian Animal Clinic
Southern Veterinary Partners
Cleveland , TN 37311
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Appalachian Animal Clinic has had the opportunity to serve the pets and people of Cleveland and Bradley County, Tennessee for over 30 years! We are a full-service hospital offering services to all dogs, cats, a few exotics and pocket pets. We provide surgery, diagnostics and x-rays, pet dentistry, microchipping, pet nutritional counseling and boarding and grooming. Combined with progressive resources and technologies, our vet clinic can provide quality care to all pets within any stage of their lives. Our team is fueled by their passion for helping animals along with having an enjoyable and upbeat work environment.
Located near the Appalachians and Smokey Mountains, Appalachian Animal Clinic is great for anyone who enjoys hiking, rafting and just getting outdoors! If you are interested in joining our growing family, we love to have like-minded individuals in which we can grow and work toward fulfilling our "Why" in helping pets.
Our pet groomers deliver high-quality grooming services to clients. The position is focused in both grooming and bathing dogs and cats. This position entails a large amount of individual work as well as teamwork with other veterinary staff.
A qualified applicant will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry and will possess the following skills:
- Utilize grooming instruments, including shears and dryers
- Perform grooming services per client instructions
- Comfort calming and working with nervous dogs to promote a positive experience
- Positive attitude towards all pets and their owners as well as comfort with all breeds of dogs and cats
- Direct customer service experience to establish a trusting bond with our clients and to handle potentially difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- High standard for cleanliness and the self-directedness to keep your workstation neat and tidy
- Skilled in other areas including nail trims, ear cleaning, and anal gland expressing
- Ability to receive feedback from clients
- The position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary), and standing for long periods of time. At least 2 years of pet grooming experience required.
- 2-3 years experience as a professional groomer
- References required
- Commission based pay
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!