Midwest Industrial Rubber Inc Philadelphia , PA 19107
Midwest Industrial Rubber, Inc.
MIR is the premier independent, specialty fabricator and distributor of light weight conveyor belting and accessories in North America. MIR was founded in January 1980 in response to the needs of manufacturing facilities to have in-plant expertise, as well as access to belting products and services that minimize downtime and increase productivity. Our focus is on providing value-added belting products and services through our 15 full service sales and fabrication facilities located across the U.S. Our corporate headquarters is in St. Louis, Missouri.
We have customers in food processing, paper converting & print, package handling, plastics & metals, distribution & warehouse, and other general industries. We continue to expand our customer base through innovative continuous-improvement initiatives and overall value-added services that remain unparalleled to our market competitors.
Job Title: Fabricator - Conveyor Belt Technician
Reports To: Production or Operations Manager
SUMMARY: Responsible for fabrication and installation of conveyor belts and related industrial products related to conveyor belting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Process belt orders in a safe and efficient manner; Operate light industrial equipment; Communicate with supervisor regarding assigned orders, scheduling, and other production issues.
Ensure timely shipping of fabricated and stocked belting products; Receive shipments in a timely manner and ensure delivery to correct recipient; Maintain shipping/receiving department with needed supplies; Process and maintain UPS Worldship reports.
Travel to customer's location to install product; Occasional overnight travel required.
Recognize appropriate inventory usage and report low levels of materials to supervisor; Maintain cycle count log; Participates in once-a-year inventory.
Project a professional and courteous demeanor when communicating with others. Maintain a positive attitude towards work in the team environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Previous industrial or production experience helpful, but not required. Requires mechanical inclination.
Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to read and understand a tape measure.
Previous forklift experience helpful, but not required.
Valid drivers license is required
Position also requires occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds
Position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including the occasional night and/or weekend
This position requires regularly standing and reaching with hands and arms; occasionally stooping, kneeling, or crawling
Our unwavering commitment to our employees has always been at the heart of our business, and we believe it is the key to our success. A skilled, educated and enthusiastic workforce is the best asset any company can have, and we value our employees' potential for growth. To help our employees reach their goals, MIR offers tuition assistance and in-house training. And we promote from within, offering our employees opportunities for both internal advancement and relocation.
While we've grown significantly over the years, MIR is also proud to still have a small business atmosphere that values warmth and personal attention. You'll never be just an employee number at MIR each of our employees holds a valued place in our organization.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.
Medical Insurance: MIR pays 90% of the premium for employee-only coverage, leaving only 10% for the employee to pay for. We also offer family coverage and 10% of the premium is covered by MIR.
Long Term Disability: MIR pays 100% of the cost for each employee's long term disability coverage.
401k: MIR contributes 3% of an employees salary. The employee is NOT required to match or contribute to receive the MIR contribution of 3%.
Tuition Reimbursement: MIR reimburses up to 90% of tuition, after 1 year of employment, for Undergraduate AND Graduate education.