Holmdel , NJ 07733
Posted 5 months ago
Supervise and direct production operations and processes for the area of responsibility. Responsible for Line Leaders, hourly labor force and cleaning personnel.
Line Leaders, Line Workers, Material Handlers, Porters
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment by teaching safe workplace practices to Line employees.
- Monitor shift activities; provide direct instruction to Line Leaders and production personnel.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to meet production demands
- Train, supervise, monitor and review the performance of all production DL an INDL in production room, as needed.
- Ensure finished goods are ticketed and transacted properly within a reasonable time period.
- Coordinate with Staging, Quality and Warehouse to ensure materials are ready for running scheduled work orders
- Report all labor and timekeeping capacity results in a timely manner
- Evaluate manpower levels, focusing on machine capacities with maximum efficiency of employee strengths
- Process the administration needs to include employee schedules, time keeping and payroll for your shift
- Follow the daily (shift) production schedule and communicate with management as needed.
- Generate and process all pertinent reports (i.e. Production records, investigations, etc.)
- Responsible for line audits, safety and security of the production area
- Administer and communicate corporate policy and procedures to employees
- Investigate, communicate and administer corrective action after incidents based on Incident Reporting protocol
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory position in a manufacturing environment with 25 to 100 associates
- Knowledge of computers and programs contained with Microsoft Office, AS 400 experience preferred
- Experience with cGMP procedures and knowledge of safety, OSHA regulations
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculation
- Able to participate in a team-oriented environment, willingness to assist and train others
- Demonstrate safe behavior and support Safety goals in a continuous improvement process
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends before and after schedule as needed
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Education: High School diploma required, Associates degree preferred
- TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Work with industrial manufacturing equipment on production line
Ability to utilize a computer, telephone, fax and copy machine as well as other general office equipment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not limited, to the motor/physical abilities and skills require of position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tool, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.