Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Kankakee , IL 60901
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client has a job opportunity for a Manufacturing Supervisor to be located in Kankakee, IL. The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for the coordination of production scheduling, safety, maintenance and repair, quality, discipline, attendance, enforcement of plant rules and other related areas in the efficient operations of the facility. Additionally, the Manufacturing Supervisor will provide leadership and direction on a given shift to a crew of hourly associates engaged in the manufacturing process.
Key Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Supervisor:
- Directing activities of a production crew ranging in size from 8 to 14 hourly associates
- Maintaining safe and efficient operations
- Coordinating repairs and maintenance activities with maintenance department to maximize uptime
- Leading and facilitating troubleshooting of down equipment and process problems
- Leading safety activities of production associates
- Conducting accident investigations
- Providing ongoing creative shift leadership to personnel to ensure safety, quality and delivery performance while improving operating efficiencies
- Providing counseling, leadership and direction to the hourly associates on production issues
- Providing direction on production schedules, unscheduled downtime and the efficient utilization of resources
- Enforcing plant rules, monitoring attendance and providing corrective action as necessary
- Preparing production reports and data for management
- Conducting regular pre- shift meetings
- Coordinating training of hourly associates and improvement activities with other departments
- Identifying improvement opportunities and facilitating action on their shift
Required Qualifications for the Manufacturing Supervisor:
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Shift flexibility in working a rotational type work schedule. Must be availableto work all shifts / days.
- Strong communication, facilitation, teamwork and management skills
Desired Qualifications for the Manufacturing Supervisor:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Continuous process manufacturing experience
- Experience with cost reduction, production efficiency improvements or continuous improvement activities such as Six Sigma, 5S, TPM, SMED or Standard Work