Production Supervisor - All Shifts
Kamis Professional Staffing
Naugatuck , CT 06770
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A leader and growing manufacturer of rigid plastic containers needs qualified Shift Supervisors in Naugatuck, CT with hands-on experience supervising employees and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
This role is responsible for Safety, Quality and Production for the plant during assigned shift hours. You will be required to teach, train and retain employees while enforcing all company policies, procedure, work rules and work instructions. This involves managing employees - including area leads and a mix of full time and temps.
- Hands-on practical experience with extrusion or blow molding [Aoke/Bekum/Uniloy] of rigid plastic containers; IS A PLUS!
- Successful previous experience supervising hourly employees engaged in production, maintenance, and support of manufacturing operations
- Effectively communicating expectations/requirements
- Monitoring performance, coaching, counseling, and developing employees
- Guiding/leading personnel engaged in machine start-ups, changeovers, and troubleshooting production equipment
- Maximizing production efficiencies by allocating people, maintaining support for equipment, and maintaining work flow
- Leading by exhibiting personal commitment to standards of attendance, behavior, policy/rules compliance, safety, and quality
- Assist in production flow, completing rework, and other tasks as necessary
- Maintain employee records (such as performance and attendance), administer counseling/discipline, and maintain production records as directed
- Develop cooperative working relationships with other functional managers
- Meet essential function of reliable, regular, consistent attendance
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required
- Stable, growing organization with opportunity for future advancement of qualified candidates if successful in supervisory assignments
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid vacation, bonus and sick days after one year of service
- Excellent medical/dental benefits at modest employee contributions
- 401k participation with Company matching contributions upon completion of one year of service