At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for Master and Finite Scheduling functions for St. Louis Operations in line with corporate inventory objectives. Utilizes planning systems to requisition raw materials and components to support the planned production. Works with Customer Service, Marketing, Sales and Distribution to satisfy customer demand as quickly and efficiently as possible. Supervises production activities to meet production schedules and to maintain all required quality specifications through the use of manual/semi-automatic equipment.
1.Supports customer satisfaction by managing finished good inventory levels in line with corporate objectives
2.Develops the Master Schedule for St. Louis sourced finished goods (manufactured and purchased)
3.Creates schedules (work orders) for the manufacture of finished goods
4.Coordinates placement of the schedules to optimize resources and minimize conflicts
5.Utilizes MRP planning system to requisition raw materials, containers and other materials to execute schedules
6.Assists in maintaining the integrity of the data utilized in all planning systems
7.Manages the introduction of new finished goods and the phase out transition of obsolete finished goods
8.Reviews demand input from Sales, Marketing and Customer Service and makes appropriate forecast changes
9.Maintains a safe working environment by fully implementing the World Class Safety initiatives and culture of STERIS Corporation, instructing employees in established safety practices, and enforcing them at all times.
10. Monitors production quality and assures that company standards are met.Monitors and follows all production SOP'sincluding all company, FDA, ISO and cGMP requirements.
11. Supervises and checks lines and utilization of operators.Participates in the daily Gemba walks and maintains the Production Control Boards and Communication and Assignment Boards in area of responsibility.
12. Establishes and maintains good relations and open communications with plant employees, while maintaining productivity, attendance and general order required for an efficient production operation.
13. Responsible for 5S objectives in area of responsibility.
14. Supports all established Lean objectives and participates in Lean activities as necessary to support the business goals.
15. Ensures proper operation of equipment including instruction of operators on equipment use and procedures to use to request needed maintenance support.Ensures equipment is maintained in a clean, safe working condition (TPM).
Two years production planning or related experience is required.
Two (2) years or more of supervisory experience is highly preferred.
Experience with a medical device or regulated environment a plus.
Experience in collective bargaining environment is preferred.
General knowledge of manufacturing operations is required.
Skills and Business Competencies
Requires demonstrated planning ability with an attention to detail
Sense of urgency required to react appropriately to changing requirements
Must have strong written and oral communications skills. This position requires a high level of communication and follow through (with various internal and some external customers)
Must be able to work independently and make decisions relative to the job duties
Requires the ability to maintain focus and complete tasks despite repeated interruptions
Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge of Prism software preferred
STERIS is a $2B+, publically traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Req ID: 11125
Category: Supply Chain Management
City: St. Louis
Postal Code: 63133
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Industrial, Manager, Medical, Supply, Manufacturing, Management, Healthcare, Operations