Production & Development Internship - Summer 2019
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
MarVista Entertainment is one of the leading independent producers and distributors of programming in the worldwide television marketplace. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, MarVista is a global producer and distributor of a broad range of programming genres.
MarVista is looking for an intern within its Development & Production department. This internship is unpaid. This intern will have the opportunity to work as part of the Creative Affairs team and will work daily with assistants and creative executives. This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the entertainment field by learning the ins and outs of a film and television production company.
- Gains understanding of the daily lives and responsibilities of the Production & Development assistants.
- Learns how to write script coverage.
- Gains knowledge about cultivating and maintaining relationships with writers, directors, and agents/managers.
- Receives exposure to the development process, from pitch to start of production, contributing with administrative and creative tasks.
- Learns the creative producers role during a shoot and post-production.
- Sits in on internal and external meetings.
- Hears from speakers in other departments, including marketing, distribution, and operations.
- Enrollment in a four-year college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- A strong interest in film/television development and production.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and self-starter mentality.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, follow through, and results.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capacity for working under pressure, communicating effectively, and meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- A high level of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.