THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER (T32), Position Description Number D1255000 and is part of the AL CSMS 1, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: CSMS #1, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MAJ J. HILL
Learn more about this agency
(1) Establishes plans and schedules for maintenance and repair, using multiple process production methods and procedures for a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided missile systems, and small arms. Implements maintenance plans and monitors progress of accomplishments.
(2) Ensures Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E) or Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) reportable Line Item Numbers (LIN) are properly managed, reported and accounted for with respect to readiness reports, property accountability reports, and system management. Based on guidance received, prioritizes resources to ensure the highest level of readiness in support of training and mobilization requirements of supported units. Ensures that Army Materiel Status System (AMSS) equipment readiness reports are correct and submitted in a timely manner to meet Department of the Army (DA) reporting suspense.
(3) Programs workload, shop space, and available personnel on a short and long-term basis. Conducts initial and long range planning on matters which include multiple process production, maintenance operations, equipment readiness, including mechanical skills, availability of test and diagnostic equipment, repair parts, annual training requirements, mobilization requirements; and other factors influencing the repair, modification, and maintenance of equipment and readiness reporting.
(4) Ensures that unit Class 9 (CL IX) accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness. Performs demand analysis on unit CL IX expenses to determine proper stockage to sustain unit mission requirements.
(5) Designates and maintains current maintenance priorities by Force Activity Designator, pacing items, Equipment Readiness Codes (ERC) A, B, and C equipment type, available funds, commander's priority, state/national priorities (in the case of floods, fires, and mobilizations), and unit supported.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
1152 Production Control
Conditions of Employment
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Military Requirements:This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Alabama Army National Guard recruiter at 800-464-8273 prior to applying for this position.
Minimum Military Rank: SSG
Maximum Military Rank: CW2
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the Specialized Experience listed below: Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training which indicates the candidate can reason in quantitative terms, communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, understanding the terminology and data pertaining to repair operations and process characteristics of the production activity.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 24 months experience, education or training preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production facility; following up to see if work is progressing as planned and arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes. Experience with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status, etc.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
Department Of Defense