Production Control Manager
Vance , AL 35490
Posted 2 months ago
Job Description: Production Control Manager
________________________________________________________________________Department: ProductionPay Grade: Reports to: GENERAL MANAGERSummary:
Under the general direction of the General Manger, and Plant Manager plans, organizes and controls the manufacturing functions of the plant to assemble quality products efficiently, on time, and profitably. Maintains outside contact with other plants and divisions of the company and with other companies, customers and suppliers as necessary.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts plant inspections to ensure safe work practices by visual observations, memos, personal guidance and if necessary, corrective action to assure that procedures and practices are being followed to help prevent accidents and thereby minimize workers compensation costs and improve plant profitability; responsible for compliance to OSHA and the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Leads all assembly operations in the plant and coordinates the work of production departments through familiarity with all assembly processes; continual awareness of customer shipping requirements, work schedules and quality levels; staffing required to meet these schedules, ratio of indirect to direct labor, overall cost of doing business with a mind toward profit and loss, to produce parts on schedule; ensuring that quality is maintained and costs are held to a minimum.
- Analyzes and determines material, equipment and staffing requirements by studying daily operating results, through daily meeting with subordinates, as well as daily contact with various department heads; to determine how to overcome production problems and follow-up to ascertain that problems have been corrected or to determine the next best course of action; to bring about close cooperation between his/her and other departments.
- Responsible for identification, implementation and verification of continuous improvement opportunities
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance with shop floor standards such as BOS, 5S, Company, Policy and Procedures, and Employee Relations Activities.
- Responsible for the overall quality of the product produced. Has the authority and responsibility to identify quality problems and take appropriate action including halting production, determining root cause, initiating corrective action in order to prevent reoccurrence, as well as participating in audits and other preventative measures.
- Motivates and directs the training of all production personnel through the ability to select competent individuals; trains and develops each individual by taking advantage of his/her strengths and improving weaknesses; by instilling in each individual a sense of responsibility toward the company and his/her subordinates; evaluates and communicates to each subordinate his/her progress in order to attain customer satisfaction with a high degree of morale and sense of accomplishment on the part of those producing the product.
- Ensures the Customers needs are met. Acts as a liaison with managers and staff and effectively communicates relevant information to those who need to know.
- Displays a demeanor and leadership style that is consistent with the Companys values and management philosophy. Ensures safeguard of company property and equipment
- Jointly establishes individual objectives through analysis of, and familiarity with, each individuals job functions. This includes formal job review and feedback, the identification of areas of success and areas requiring improvement, with the objective of ensuring the availability of qualified managerial staffing in order to meet the organizations present and future needs and to ensure consistently high utilization of individual skills and abilities.
- Understanding and participating in HSE&E practices, which are applicable to their job function.
- Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies.
- Informing supervisor of known HSE&E conditions, which could adversely affect other team member, Assets or to the public.
- Ensures compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
- Performs other related task, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or Plant Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education Required & Preferred:
Bachelors Degree or equivalentExperience Required & Preferred:
3-5 years experience in a production environment with evidence of increased responsibility a plus.Language Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.Reasoning Ability:
Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.The job description outlined above is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties from time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change or delete the contents of this description