Title: Production Assembler Location: Richmond, CA Pay Rate: $17/hr Contract Our client has contributed to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results. Description:
Performs routine, non-complex assembly tasks.
Assembles, setup and operates equipment.
Completes simple special requests as assigned.
Code and apply labels.
Seal bags and pouches.
Reconcile and maintain accurate inventory.
Complete accurate paperwork with good documentation practices.
High School Diploma or equivalent; 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
2 + years assembly/production experience, specifically of medical devices
Comfortable working in clean-room environments.
Knowledge of GMP, ISO, FDA, DOT, and IATA requirements.
May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to chemicals and risk of electric shock.
VIEW JOBS11/9/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-07T00:00Job Description
If you are looking for a career which offers advancement and growth opportunities, and not just another job, look no further. PICK-n-PULL is growing and we're looking for candidates like you!
Established in 1987, PICK-n-PULL is a self-service auto dismantling and recycling company, with 52 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada and one of the largest recyclers of end-of-life vehicles in the industry. We are proud of the fact that we recycle more than 350,000 vehicles and service more than 5.4 million self-service customers each year. PICK-n-PULL is a division of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc., a Fortune 1000 Company founded in 1906. Schnitzer Steel Industries is a publicly traded company with revenues in excess of $1.5 billion.
PICK-n-PULL offers upward mobility, performance pay increases, great benefits, and competitive compensation packages. Better than normal hours (close no later than 6pm), and great benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off that starts with your first paycheck, and paid company holidays.
General Position Summary:
This position will contribute to the production team and help ensure that goals are met safely and efficiently while conforming to all company policies. The Production Crew Janitorial employees will perform cleanup and monitor overall housekeeping and environmental compliance, complete light landscaping and facility repairs/improvements.
Essential Functions: (This job may include any combination of the following duties)
* Environmental and Janitorial: Inspect and perform maintenance/cleanup on drain inlets, retention ponds, and waste receptacles. Collect dismantled scrap and core materials. Remove debris. Perform landscaping and vegetation control. Identify & address safety risks in the customer area. Other duties as prescribed by procedure.
* Miscellaneous: Assist customers as needed in a courteous manner. Prepare Gaylord boxes and pallets for shipment. Review and complete logs for regulatory and tracking purposes. Maintain and replace storm water control devices. Assist in the review and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
* Other duties as required.
* Ability to wear and maintain all prescribed PPE and follow basic safety practices.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions including comprehension of basic safety messages and labels (waste oil, gasoline, flammable, etc.).
* Ability to complete basic safety, environmental, and code of conduct training.
* Able to work required hours which may include weekend and holidays and OT. May be asked to work at more than one location.
* Ability to work efficiently in extreme weather conditions – rain, snow, hot sun, cold – for a full shift.
* Experience in automotive repair or dismantling, preferred but not required.
* Experience with automotive parts and/or retail customers, preferred but not required.
* Experience with tools and machinery, preferred but not required.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
* Standing, walking, bending, and stretching are required regularly to perform customer care, production, and environmental/safety responsibility functions.
* Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds are regularly required to perform routine functions.
* Manual dexterity to maintain the facility clean by mopping, sweeping, etc. as required.
* Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely as described above.
* Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work shift.
* Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
* Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. administers a pre-employment drug screen and background check for U.S. new hires.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.RichmondCA
VIEW JOBS10/31/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-29T00:00Plant Production Manager
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Richmond Bread Plant, located in Richmond, California, has an opening for a Plant Production Manager.
Supervise the daily operation of the plant. This includes the supervision of (directly or via shift supervisors) plant activities of ordering, processing, packaging, sanitation, and shipping of all plant products and services. Assist the Plant Manager. Assume the role of Plant Manager in the absence of the Plant Manager.
* BS/BA in related field preferred. Experience may substitute for education.
* 6 - 8 years in manufacturing/operations environment. Minimum three years as Production Supervisor.
* Proven production background.
* Proven knowledge of operations/manufacturing/engineering/quality assurance.
* Strong knowledge of specific plant operations and Lean manufacturing principles.
* Working knowledge of financial cost accounting and budgeting Interpersonal and team building skills.
* Ability to manage and develop employees.
* Strong verbal/written communication.
* Ability to interface with regulatory agencies skills Working knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and ability to grasp additional business related applications.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide the day-to-day operational leadership for plant personnel.
* Ensure the adherence to Safeway policies, practices, and procedures.
* Develop a work environment within manufacturing that promotes trust, teamwork quality and safety.
* Assign accountability, build teams, hire, develop, evaluate, train, discipline, either directly or via shift supervisors.
* Handle union grievances.
* Support the Plant Manager during union contract negotiations etc.
* Communicate items of interest or concern to employees and Plant Manager via written and oral communication. 25%
* Develop, monitor and ensure timely completion of plant goals/action plans, both short and long term.
* Assist Plant Manager in making operational improvements to reduce costs and to increase productivity.
* Utilize new technology and Lean manufacturing principles and processes available to maximize efficiency. 25%
* Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Safeway, Federal and State guidelines.
* Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.) 25%
* Process owner of the plant processes.
* Oversee plant activities including ordering, processing, packaging, sanitation, and shipping of all plant products and services. 25%
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired
VIEW JOBS9/30/2018 12:00:00 AM2018-12-29T00:00Production Associatereq7755 Employment Type: Regular Location: RICHMOND,CA Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA! Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Description:Prospective candidates will enjoy NEW INCREASED INCOMING RATE, medical benefits, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid floating holiday and growth opportunities. Wholesome Harvest Baking, a division of Grupo Bimbo, is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked breads, rolls and bagels to the retail and food service channels. Our mission is to nourish, delight and serve our world. We have an immediate opening for Production Associates. Essential Job Responsibilities:Assembles boxes, cartons, or other containersPackaging frozen bread products into corrugated boxesSupport various departments, set up & operate equipmentVisually inspect and counts. finished goods for conformance with company product standardsMonitor packaging key measurementsRemove waste from lineProvide support to other product lines. Include pushing & pulling racks, loading & unloading the oven, product scoring and moldingOther operations requirementsCover other associate jobs when they are on vacation, absent, etcPerform the job in a safe & healthy mannerMaintain a work area that is clean and orderlyAvailable to work all shifts: day, nights, afternoonsOn call 24 hours a day / 7 days a week-schedule is posted on weekly basisHardworking, motivated individualConsistent and punctual attendance each workdayTeam-player Position Requirements: High school diploma or GED required. Understanding of the English language is required. Associate is positioned at a conveyor reaching for product to pack in to boxes.The work is repetitive and requires long period of standing in one placeFrequently is required to walk, reach with hands and armsThe environment is hot, especially in the summer. Hydration is very importantFrequently lifts and/or moves up 25 pounds and occasionally lifts and moves up 100 pounds with some assistance. As the associate is moved to other location in the bakery, they could be exposed to works areas of various temperaturesSpecific vision abilities required by this job Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.Bimbo Bakeries USARichmondCA