Product Quality Associate
Sunnyvale , CA 94085
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
What do we do and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the worlds largest online counseling service. Our secure online platform and broad network of licensed therapists help those facing lifes challenges by providing easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling. Each month, the BetterHelp platform facilitates over 1,000,000 messages, chats, voice calls and video sessions that let people get the help they need using their computer, tablet or smartphone - anytime, anywhere.
- We're big and small at the same time. We've already built a network of thousands of counselors, served millions of members, and facilitated tens of millions of counseling sessions. Yet, our team is still small and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and make your mark.
- We're growing super fast. In 2015 we expanded our resources and expertise by joining Teladoc (NYSE:TDOC), the nations first and largest telehealth provider, helping to make BetterHelp the worlds largest e-counseling platform. Theres no better time to join!
What are we looking for?
BetterHelp is looking for a talented and motivated individual with a passion for product quality to join our Product team. This person will be responsible for ensuring that any products we ship are user-friendly, bug-free (from a user's perspective) and achieve our intended goals. This is a Quality Assurance role but with elements of product management, UX and web design. Success in this role is defined as proactively identifying critical bugs and issues in our product, coming up with effective fixes and helping prioritize these fixes. This role is well suited for individuals with a product support background (product specialists, quality assurance, product analyst etc.) and is an exciting opportunity to execute fast and see quick results -- while making a real difference in the world.
What will you do?
- Become an internal expert on our products by testing yourself and working with our support, QA and development teams.
- Read code, query our database (MySQL), talk to engineers and understand how all the 'hidden logic' in our product works.
- Create product test plans with a focus on user and revenue impacting features.
- Execute on the test plans: regularly test critical parts of the product with extremely high attention to detail to identify critical issues (both usability issues and user-facing bugs).
- Monitor our internal data to identify potential problem areas in the product, research product problems surfaced by our support team.
- Help prioritize bugs and issues, create specs to fix issues.
- Manage external contractors as needed to scale the product quality program.
- Work cross-functionally with all parts of the company (development, support, marketing, business development, operations) in order to ensure that our product meets quality goals.
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much time we have until the next round". We have the startup DNA but we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining a sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- At least 1 year of QA experience OR technical support experience with consumer facing web-based products, preferably high growth and multiple platforms (desktop, mobile, apps, web etc.).
- Extremely high attention to detail, can provide examples of building or improving critical parts of a consumer web product.
- Ability to read basic code (any stack) and create detailed test plans.
- Familiarity with relational databases, ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Analytical and data-driven, can provide examples of using data to improve a product or process.
- Be passionate and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Be obsessed with product quality.
- Have the patience and persistence required to uncover 'hard to find' product issues.
- You must include the word "moussaka" in your application (this goes to being thorough and attention to detail).
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently.
Bonus (great to have but not required):
- Experience working in a startup.
- Some web development experience (can be a side project).
- Great eye for UX and understanding of its related metrics.
- Experience with web analytics and data analytics tools.
- Experience using git in a team environment.
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Catered lunch every day, bottomless snacks, and locally roasted coffee
- Shuttle available to and from Caltrain
- Office perks like hammocks and massage chairs
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people have a better life, every day