Product Manager / Specialist
Shelton , CT
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our Product Managers are the technical heart of the company. He/she is curious about the science that drives Milestones products, keeps the company current about the industry and the competition, identifies how Milestones technology is the superior solution for prospective customers and is always searching for areas of competitive advantage.
The Product Manager for our digestion line supports the marketing, pre-sales and post-sales efforts of Milestone with specific focus on our ultraWAVE line. This role conducts analyses, develops data in support of prospect and customer needs, and adds value to the marketing effort via providing sales with the knowledge and insights it needs to help set Milestone apart from the competition. The ideal candidate must possess a strong aptitude in the following areas:
Pre-and Post-Sales Technical & Applications Expertise & Support:
- Primary lead on all pre-sales activities such as applications inquiries, educating our sales team on best configurations, while taking both competitive arguments and technical factors into consideration and provides feedback to sales team accordingly. Provides application support to key accounts and supports sales team in customer conversations.
- Maintains reference accounts and coordinates their use for sales opportunities.
- Identifies gaps in regional performance for their product line and helps address the gaps.
- Updates product and application information and ensures that it is readily available for use by sales and customers.
- Partners with service team to help troubleshoot and conclude escalated problem accounts.
- Trains sales and service teams on applications as needed.
- Partners with marketing and sales managers to ensure that products are properly positioned, advertised, promoted, and otherwise represented in the market.
- Strong liaison with Milestone SRLs (Italy HQ) Apps Team to provide applications support and product info.
Applications Support in Laboratory Logistics & Internal/External Customer Education
- Performs in house virtual demonstrations to customers. Post-COVID, and in partnership with the Territory Managers performs on-site demonstrations as required.
- Coordinates in-coming samples to be run, generating sample reports, and laboratory maintenance.
- Partners with operations in shipping laboratory and/or demo equipment.
- Presents at seminars and/or conferences as required including writing abstracts and creating presentations.
- Collaborates on technical marketing material including case studies, post-sales documentation (i.e., Install SOPs, Quick Start guides, etc.).
- Organizes applications resources for independence and future internal employee on-boarding (i.e., documentation of application info, and archiving of documents, videos, reports, etc.
- Manage the performance and activities of a Product Specialist dedicated to this product line.
Partnership with Marketing to Drive Digestion Product Line
- In partnership with sales, marketing and senior management, develops an overall go-to-market plan.
- Represents the voice of the customer for aligning product value with customer needs and pain points, and communicate feature value and market drivers, in support of the sales and marketing functions. As such, the individual plays a key role in developing market-facing messaging for the product.
- Partners with marketing to create copy and competitive marketing collateral that speaks to potential digestion line customers including technical writing for industry reports, articles, and white papers.
- Provides input on technical aspects of marketing campaigns and content creation including best fit configurations based on application and facilitates data collection from labs.
- Utilizes industry knowledge to support marketing in building a viable customer database that results in lead activity/generation resulting in virtual demonstrations to customers and ultimately unit sales.
Specific Attributes and Skillset Required:
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry or related field preferred with 3-5 years technical experience in the digestion product line.
- If experience is in a different product line, there must be demonstrated capability to learn the ultraWave line in full.
- Previous lab experience is desirable; if currently working in a lab, environmental experience would be a plus for the ultraWAVE line; experience as a bench chemist would need to have the outward-facing skills listed below.
- Lab manager would be desirable with bench experience and strong understanding of instrumentation.
- Must be strong in interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated success with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging presentations at all levels of expertise (i.e., academic, sales, and service customers).
- Must possess a keen desire to learn the business/marketing side of product management.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage competing demands.
- Occasional travel to support key accounts, demos, or sales application.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Comprehensive Training & Development
Milestone, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer