Systems Engineering Solutions Corporation
Chantilly , VA 20151
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Years of Experience: 5 years
Program Description: This would be a full-time position with benefits located in Chantilly, VA. You would be supporting the Dept of Veterans Affairs and helping improve the efficiency and accuracy of their veteran loan program related to the GI Bill.
Position Description: The Product Engineer has considerable experience in providing highly specialized applications and operational analysis.
- Innovating, designing, developing, testing, and deploying designated systems.
- Takes part in the entire product life cycle from the innovation phase, starting from the idea being conceived to the deployment and user acceptance testing phase
- Experienced in planning and supporting network and computing infrastructure.
- The Product Engineer has knowledge in networking technologies.
- The Product Engineer is cognizant, knowledgeable and contributes to all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, modelling, simulation, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
- Requirements gathering/elicitation
- Meeting facilitation
- Product demonstrations
- Requirements traceability
- Requirements documentation
- Agile software development lifecycle (experience building and managing user stories based on business, functional and technical requirements)
- Data analytics
- Process Flows
- Process Improvement
- Previous experience with VA and working on VA legacy systems for Education Service
- Organizational Skills:
Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Teamwork: Able to enthuse and maintain project interest. Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating, and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
SES provides a competitive salary and the following benefits:
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off