Product Engineer - Product Development
Crown Equipment Corporation
New Bremen , OH 45869
Posted 7 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world's largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
Responsible for leading, organizing and coordinating all engineering activities involved in one or more large-scale product development projects from concept to production. This position reports to a Chief Engineer, Manager, or Director of Product Development.
- Product and Technology Champion
- Champion and lead the development of new products. Study competitive products and new emerging technologies, making recommendations for how to upgrade, improve and evolve both product and process. Work directly with customers, sales teams, and development teams to ensure product meets customer requirements. Study customer applications and propose innovative products and features that improve customer processes. Identify customer application issues and propose solutions to improve those issues. Conduct product reviews to ensure that a competitive and innovative product is released for production.
- Project Planning, Supervision and Technical Review
- Design work flow chart, man-hours, material and activities needed to complete projects. Oversee the development of project definitions, specifications and guidelines. Ensure project meets the objectives. Lead and manage assigned resources to ensure project timeliness and appropriate direction. Delegate workload to assigned personnel involved with project. Establish scope and work priority. Answer questions, give direction, and monitor project activities to ensure deadline requirements are met. Monitor and ensure that integrity of design be maintained through the use of sound engineering practice, conformance to product goals, specifications, company and industry standards. Review test results to assure compliance to company and industry standards or guidelines. Propose and implement tools and other improvements to the product development process. Resolve engineering design issues.
- Organizational and Employee Development
- Work to build the capability of the individuals within the project teams by providing opportunities for coaching, mentoring, training and developmental assignments. Conduct Talent Development Discussions.
- Leadership and Communication
- Regularly communicate project status to supervisor, management and other departments. Communicate project objectives, expectations and company related information to the project team. Monitor staff quality of work, productivity and review with supervisors. Provide leadership while collaborating with other department managers to coordinate efforts and schedule for the development of components and other deliverables necessary to complete project. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field
Minimum of 5 years of experience in product development environment
Good written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Valid driver's license and good driving record
Ability to occasionally travel with overnight stays
Working knowledge of product series in lift truck design, industrial design and ergonomics
Project management and supervisory experience
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled