Product Engineer- IIG
Johns Manville Corp
Littleton , CO 80121
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Industrial Insulation Group (IIG) Technical Service and Product Engineer. The position is based at the Johns Manville Technical Center (JMTC) and is responsible for providing technical support to IIG's internal and external customers. In addition, the role will provide core and new product development support for the mineral wool and microporous insulation product lines. The engineer will have regular contact and work with IIG's manufacturing facilities, customers, product management, sales, and industry engineers within the industrial insulation community. The position reports to the Insulation Systems' Innovation and IIG Technology Group Leader.
Technical Service (40%):
- Provide technical product support through the JM customer service line and from internal JM team including sales, marketing, operations, and product management.
- Support IIG marketing efforts by developing blogs and technical bulletins and conducting webinars and presenting at product informational workshops. Design tests and collect data in support of the blogs and bulletins.
- Represent JM at industry associations including ASTM.
Product Engineering (30%):
- Provide core product engineering support for the industrial and commercial mineral wool product lines and microporous insulation. Maintain finished product specifications and support plant quality to ensure product performance meets industry standards.
- Keep informed of competitors' product actions, performance, and improvements through product testing to maintain and improve on JM's competitive advantage in the market.
- Support plant regulatory requirements by being the technical contact with agencies such as UL, USCG, SwRI, and Intertek.
New Product Development (30%):
- Support new product development and commercialization projects within the IIG portfolio.
- 4-year engineering degree (preference for chemical or mechanical engineering)
- Advanced degrees preferred but not required
- 3+ years in a technical role such as product and/or process engineering
- 15% travel
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Knowledge of thermal insulation products and/or the oil/gas industry a plus
- Project management skills
- Process / product engineering experience
- Six Sigma / statistical analysis skills
- New product development experience
- Customer facing experience
- Strong technical competence
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to learn and solve problems independently
- Demonstrated prioritization / time management skills
- Organization skills