CES is seeking a Product Development Engineer for our client in Centennial, Colorado. The Product Development Engineer is the key technologist who will drive can design advancements. Responsibilities will include frequent design iterations with various forming processes. The individual will be expected assist in troubleshooting metal container forming issues.
• Participate in metal container design in addition to forming and thin-metal materials behavior.
• Model behavior of thin metal sheet forming.
• Understand and communicate effects of metal forming to downstream processes and equipment.
• Work with different manufacturing site(s) and their engineering team(s) to develop robust can designs that meet customer demands and operate well across all manufacturing processes.
• Create, maintain, and control BOMs.
• Deliver & develop technical document packages including on-site drawings, final drawings, material requirements, and other key process parameters required for manufacturing.
• Support installations via troubleshooting and design/process optimizations. Incorporate these learnings into future projects as necessary.
• Detail and design parts as required using Solid Works and SolidEdge.
• Perform tooling layouts and tolerance stack-ups using Solidworks, SolidEdge, or hand calculations.
• BSME or BS in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, related Engineering discipline preferred.
• 0-2 years’ experience with machinery design. Preferably in packaging machinery.
• 10%-20% travel may be required.
• Proficient computer skills with 3D CAD modeling programs (Solidworks/SolidEdge).
• Working knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) program.
• Ability to travel on short notice.
• Experience with data acquisition and data acquisition systems.
Contract Engineering Services