Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Product Design Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
Louisville , CO 80027
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
ResourceMFG Search Group
is very excited to present the following opportunity for a Product Mechanical Design Engineer in Boulder Colorado metropolitan. The Product Design Engineer will work with the Project Engineers and Industrial Designers within the product design group devoted to bringing innovative new products to market within the growing product portfolio dedicated to consumer products.
Candidates must have experience in product development for plastic injection molding to be considered.Position Overview:
Essential Duties and
- Conceptualization of engineered product designs based on product definition worksheets
- Testing of preliminary prototypes to validate initial engineering concepts.
- Design of final manufacturable product revision
- Working with industrial designers on functionality and strength of material verification
- Identification and resolution of engineering problems around specific product design needs
- Verification of final production product to design intent
- Participation in continuous improvement initiatives of the design and testing process.
- Assigned projects require a complete understanding and usage of polymeric, ferrous and non-ferrous material selection and usage, kinematic analysis, mechanism design, and strength of material analysis as it corresponds to the refinement of industrial and mechanical related designs.
Skills and Abilities:
- New Product Design & Validation: Work within the Design Department to advise on core engineering aspects during the development of new products.
- Major objectives include:
- Reviewing and analyzing engineering designs for functionality, durability, and manufacturability
- Reviewing engineering documentation for completeness and clarity
- Assisting designers with design concepts to meet new product specifications
- Providing recommendations to optimize designs
- Working closely with the data management group to produce the projects technical data package (TDP) including establishing Bills of Material and critical design components tolerances
- Developing and conducting lab experiments to validate designs
- Evaluating and qualifying prototypes, first-article samples, new suppliers and manufacturing processes
- Advising on assembly tooling and fixtures
- Working closely with the manufacturing group to facilitate the transition of new products from design into manufacturing
- General Support: Promote Company Foundations and enforce internal policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and good design and manufacturing practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design: A Proven track record of a consumer productor related design experience with extreme attention to detail. Previous design experience of polymer-based consumer products is required. Basis understanding of machining, stamping, and/or casting processes is desirable.
- Mechanisms: Experience in mechanism and mechanical system design with a strong kinematic background.
- Manufacturing Engineering: Broad spectrum knowledge of manufacturing concepts with knowledge and experience of plastic injection molding. An advanced specialization in plastic injection molding is desirable.
- CAD/CAE: Must be proficient with solid modeling and finite element analysis (FEA) software packages. SolidWorks and COSMOS knowledge is preferable.
- TDP: Ability to read, analyze, interpret and correct mechanical drawings including tolerancing, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and related engineering specifications.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Very strong, demonstrated mechanical aptitude required.
- Adaptability: Must be proficient in learning new concepts while working in a highly dynamic environment. Must be able to seamlessly work across boundaries and interact with management, factory personnel, other engineers, suppliers, and customers.
- BS Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college.
- Applied Design Engineering with 5+ years experience.
- Travel up to 10%; both international and domestic.
- Very strong, demonstrated mechanical aptitude required
- Microsoft Office Suite, or similar preferred
- SOLIDWORKS 2013 or later, advanced user preferred
- Understanding and usage of polymeric, ferrous and non-ferrous material selection and usage, kinematic analysis, mechanism design, and strength of material analysis as it corresponds to the refinement of industrial and mechanical related designs.
- Relocation offered