Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
KP Recruiting Group
Rockford , IL 61101
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
This position will be responsible to work with Business Unit Owners throughout the Company to facilitate, develop and manage the strategic sourcing process for indirect spend on goods and services. This position will leverage in-depth strategic analysis and execution on moderate risk projects. The role will contribute to team process improvements. This position involves gaining and applying knowledge of the goods and services purchased by areas within the company to provide the best value to Wolverine in product selection, quality, service and pricing. This position will also be responsible for the reporting and tracking savings, as well as periodic presentations to management.Responsibilities
- Coordinate reviews of vendor proposals; negotiate pricing, payment terms, growth programs, warranties and service agreements to bring the best value.
- Responsible to track and report on savings, make recommendations, award business, issue agreements, implement new programs and resolve vendor disputes.
- Contribute to the development of innovative procurement strategies while aligning processes and policies to meet specific business requirements.
- Provides input in the development of templates for the Vendor Management process (scorecards, questionnaires, supplier meetings, annual performance reviews, etc.).
- Work with IP Management and key stakeholders to minimize costs and maximize value by applying best / leading practices across new / nontraditional supplier development, negotiations and bench mark modeling.
- Educate project teams and stakeholders on the Indirect Procurement process through various project assignments.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of a specific category. This may include but are not limited to: vendor management, review of annual spend, analysis of pricing trends, as well as high level research.
- Maintain and demonstrate an approach in sourcing and vendor relationships that in all cases are above ethical standards and in alignment with the Wolverine Way.
- Work with stakeholders and risk management to ensure compliance with policies and programs in alignment with the overall procurement strategy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors
- Bachelors degree required (Masters preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience or equivalent education
- Supply Chain / Procurement / Legal educational focus, certification, education or experience required. (CPSM Preferred)
- Strong negotiation skills (preparation and execution)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Moderate knowledge of contracts to be able to assess risk and perform an initial contract review independently.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends
- Project Management
- ERP experience SAP/Ariba preferred
- Effective Word, PowerPoint, Access and SharePoint skills
- Strong Excel
- Clearly and succinctly present information to stakeholders at all levels of management.
- Experience with spend analysis and RFx tools
- Highly motivated and results orientated