Procurement Engineer - Procurement Engineer, Princ. (Nuclear)
American Electric Power Company, Inc.
Bridgman , MI 49106
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Please Note: This position is posted in a range and an offer will be made based on the candidate's qualifications.*
Responsible to the assigned supervisor for performing intermediate to complex engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of engineering knowledge in a safe, effective, efficient and economic accomplishment of assigned objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
Looking for a procurement engineer with a strong mechanical background. Job responsibilities will include:
Creating and updating quality and technical requirements for new or existing parts/components
Performing design changes for component piece parts
Creating commercial grade dedication plans that meet regulatory requirements
Act as a stakeholder in large engineering modifications
Update the bill of materials for important components
- Possesses advanced mechanical engineering and ASTM/ASME code knowledge and can apply that knowledge to create quality and technical requirements for procurement of nuclear material. Understands interrelationship between systems and component equipment and has a working knowledge of nuclear safety classifications.
Leadership and Guidance
- Coordinates work activities of others within the work group, department, or other corporate entity as necessary to perform routine engineering work. Performs routine engineering activity independently. Provides training and guidance to lower-level employees.
Planning and Organizational Ability
- Able to self-manage assigned work products in a fast paced work environment with competing priorities.
Problem Solving and Initiative
- Resolves and initiates solutions to routine and/or moderately complex problems which usually require additional definition/clarification before analysis can begin. Identifies and drives corrections to problems that are beyond the normal routine. Seeks out opportunities and embrace new ideas and approaches.
- Helps coordinate the work of other engineers and work groups in an efficient and effective manner. Is comfortable interfacing with several different departments to complete a single task.
- Leads aspects of team effort. Effectively leverages skills developed from company programs such as Power Up & Lead.
- Makes decisions subject to review within established policies and procedures. Makes decisions that affect the work of the team. Analyzes options and risks. Makes decisions within the nuclear regulatory framework.
Business Awareness Characteristics
- Understands AEP's organizational structure and the specific role and responsibility of their individual organizational unit. Demonstrates an understanding of the budgeting and approval process. Applies use of economic analysis techniques in problem solving. Demonstrates an understanding of utility regulation and financing.