The Procurement & Contracts Specialist (P&C) supporting U.S. Coast Guards Financial Management Procurement Services (FMPS) Business Process Re-engineering Team will assist the client with the standardization and transformation of procurement and contracting processes as USCG modernization occurs. Great role for a retiring Storekeeper (USCG Enlisted/Warrant/F&S) or DHS P&C/Supply Officer (CBP, TSA, etc.).
Clearance Level: Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to gain a Coast Guard (CG) clearance; candidates with a Secret or TS clearance are preferred for expedited USCG clearance.
Location: On-site in Norfolk, VA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
With a background in federal procurement and contracting (preferably Coast Guard or DHS Component), the Procurement & Contracts Specialist will be responsible for the following activities related to supporting the FMPS BPR program at USCG to include at a minimum:
Providing procurement and contracting knowledge towards standardizing and improving processes through week-long Lean Six Sigma events
Providing advisory services and expertise regarding the oversight and execution of annual Coast Guard procurements and contracting actions for supplies, services, and construction.
Supporting contracting and fiduciary functions with regards to management of Coast Guard supply and budget operations
Budget planning and execution, acquisition, contracting, property and inventory control
Travel is anticipated to be once every 4-6 weeks per USCG requirements; event locations include mainly Norfolk, VA (local area) and Washington, DC with limited occurrences at Miami, FL; New Orleans, LA; Seattle WA, etc.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelors Degree and 5+ years of relevant procurement & contracting experience or Masters degree and 2-3 yrs relevant experience; please note that experience can be substituted for academic requirements (e.g., 6 years of experience = Bachelors Degree).
80% of the position requires strong knowledge of SAP (Simplified Acquisition Procedures) with the remaining 20% in contracting (i.e. FAR compliance)
Experience working P&C functions for the CG
Experience with SAP (Simplified Acquisition Procedures)
Understanding of the FAR
Familiarity with CG systems used by P&C personnel like FPDS-NG and FPD
Experience with Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP) and Purchase Cards (PCards) very helpful
Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel
Proficiency in MS Visio (Added Plus) for process map creation
Strong Written and Verbal Communication up and down the chain of command
Smart, adaptive, hard-working person who is a quick learner who is structured and organized
Be able to multi-task in a tight deadline mission critical environment
NOTE: Prior recent experience as Enlisted E-5+ or Store Keeper or Warrant/F&S Officer would be helpful in this position
Experience with one or more of the following:
Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma
Familiarity with the Homeland Security Acquisition Regulation (HSAR), the Homeland Security Acquisition Manual (HSAM), the Coast Guard Acquisition Procedures (CGAP)
Operational/business service performance management and improvement
Sev1Tech LLC., ranked in the top 3 spot for best small IT businesses Nationwide 5 yrs in a row by ComputerWorlds and an INC top 500/5000 companies awardee, succeeds by vesting in people, processes and technology. A fast growing consulting, engineering, and IT technical services provider to the Federal Government and Commercial marketplace, Sev1Tech puts employees first with competitive salaries, multiple affordable health care options for employees and their families, automatic 5% employer vesting in 401K, employer paid premiums for dental, short/long term disability and life insurance as well as voluntary supplemental life insurance and flexible spending accounts.
With regional headquarters in Virginia and Colorado, Sev1Tech provides IT, engineering, and program management consulting services. We enable organizations to drive innovation in the public and private sectors, keep the economy moving forward and safeguard the country. Sev1Tech provides program management and acquisition support for the world's toughest challenges, build and optimize some of the nation's most advanced IT systems and help sustain critical infrastructure operations for global leaders.
Sev1Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. Sev1Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.