Cognizant Technology Solutions
Melville , NY 11747
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a Processor in out Melville, NY office.
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining the flow of information throughout the system. This position is also responsible for processing documentation as it comes into the office, entering data into the system, and submitting all claims by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor:
Keeps to our "clean claims submission policy", along with our 24 hour turnaround time.
Enters data, such as insurance eligibility information, claim information, and demographic characteristics into our company's billing system.
Reviews claims and ensures that there is no missing or incomplete information.
Retrieves missing claim information from various sources (phone, internet, etc.).
Validates, verifies, and updates information on all patient information, insurance information and medical claims received.
Troubleshoots any problems encountered in the verification process to lessen the likelihood of payment and collection problems.
Forwards necessary paperwork to proper locations and recipients.
Submits clean claims in a timely manner.
Ensures 24-hour claim submission is met.
Ensures compliance with local and national coding rules.
Follows the department schedule
Performs other activities and responsibilities as assigned.
Follows Company policies and procedures as set out by Company management. Completes job duties and assignments timely, accurately and with a professional attitude and appearance. Maintains a positive and cooperative relationship with clients and other Company personnel. Maintains a regular, predictable attendance and has the ability to keep a regular work schedule.
Adheres to Corporate Compliance Plan.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Advanced aptitude in: Microsoft Office Tools (Word and PowerPoint)
- Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures.
- Assess own strengths and weaknesses; seek feedback to improve performance; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology
- Demonstrate required skills; adapt to new technologies; troubleshoot technological problems; use technology to increase productivity; keep technical skills up to date.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Express ideas and thoughts verbally; express ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibit good listening and comprehension; keep others adequately informed; select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Establish and maintain effective relations; exhibit tact and consideration; offer assistance and support to co-workers; work cooperatively in group situations; work actively to resolve conflicts.
Managing Customer Focus
- Promote customer focus; establish customer service standards; provide training in customer service delivery; monitor customer satisfaction; develop new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.