This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. Ensures regulatory Compliance.
Plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing food products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
1.Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
2.Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
3.Supervises production processes in order to obtain the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with good manufacturing practices.
4.Maintains operations at or better than budgeted targets (examples may include: Labor, shrink, yield, costs, rework, safety)
5.Responsible for department cost and expenses
6.Requests and directs services of maintenance and other personnel as may be necessary to achieve the desired level and quality of production, sanitation, safety and warehouse services.
7.Keeps accurate and up-to-date records (i.e. shift reports/efficiencies, production schedule updates, timecards, downtime records, absenteeism records, etc.).
8.Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner
9.Encourages suggestions from employees which will improve production, quality, safety, and/or cost controls of production.
10. Keeps manager informed on operation activities, employee activities, quality, safety and cost controls.
11. Ability to supervise, evaluate and develop employees.
12. Provides a safe working environment for all personnel.
13. Maintains consistent and through communications.
14. Performs employee evaluations in a timely and consistent manner
15. Develops and foster team building and facilitate meeting and groups as needed.
16. Performs all other duties of similar nature or level as requested by management.
17. Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
18. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
19. Perform other duties as assigned. Participate in audits- both internal and external- 3rd party audits, etc. as required
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
2+ years supervisory experience in food manufacturing environment with progressive leadership responsibility.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
1.Knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations.
2.Strong organizational and mechanical skills.
3.Ability to train and motivate employees.
4.Must be able to work overtime, weekends or on other shifts when necessary.
5.Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and SAP.
6.Bilingual English/Spanish verbal communication skills are a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
Michael Foods Egg Products Company
847 North Avenue Elizabeth, N.J. 07201
Michael Foods Inc