Shin-Etsu Silicones Of America
Freeport , TX 77541
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Shin-Etsu is seeking a punctual, dependable, experienced Chemical Process Technician who will perform the assigned multi-skilled tasks in the production and processing of silicone compounds.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Read, monitor, and record flows, temperatures, pressures, and other parameters of plant processes. Make necessary modifications to ensure they operate within design or specified limits.
- Maintain continuous communication with all employees in the plant including team leads, peers, maintenance, etc.
- Operate and maintain process equipment such as gas scrubbers, vacuum pumps, agitators, pumps, and other related equipment.
- Sample the process and preform lab tests as required for quality control.
- Perform other duties as requested by manager.
- High school diploma or GED with 2 years related experience or an Associates degree in Chemical Process Technology is required.
- Experience in a chemical plant with hazardous chemicals is strongly preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed written, oral, or diagram instructions
- Must have a basic understanding of how to operate a computer.
- Able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, overtime, nights, weekends, holidays, and call outs as required.
- This position operates in an outside chemical plant environment.
- The role routinely uses the following equipment: hand tools and mechanical equipment such as a forklift.
- The position can be exposed high and low temperatures and noises.
- Stands 12 hours/day or more
- Climbs multiple levels of stairs and straight ladders
- Lifts, carries, pushes, or pulls up to 25lbs regularly
- Performs twisting, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching motions
- Wears required PPE
Medical, dental, vision, life and short term/long term disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, 10-paid holidays, vacation and personal time, etc.