Process Improvement Analyst
City Of Lubbock
Lubbock , TX 79401
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The purpose of this position is to perform specialized analytical work involving organizational performance review, business process and operations research, project management and other related work reviewing policies, procedures, departmental functions, and internal relationships.
- Conduct specialized analytical work involving project management, process improvement and operational research;
- Participate and collaborate with management in performance improvement projects and initiatives;
- Consult with and advise internal departments on the development and implementation of effective and cost efficient controls to manage business operations and improve their business processes;
- Identify innovative solutions for increasing business and administrative functions;
- Coordinate proposed activities and monitor implemented actions across various City departments;
- Continually monitor compliance with the existing system of internal controls and make recommendations for change as appropriate;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Mathematics, Public Administration or related field and four to six years of experience in process improvement, project management or change management .
Must be able to obtain a Lean Six Sigma green belt certification within 18 months.
Texas Driver's License
Knowledge and Abilities
- Basics of process improvement with an emphasis on lead process and efficiencies;
- Practices and principles used in performance management and program evaluation techniques such as performance measurement implementation;
- Municipal operations or public administration;
- Research design, statistical analysis and methods, qualitative and quantitative measures.
- Work well under pressure and manage simultaneous assignments while maintain a positive attitude;
- Communicate effectively with others;
- Operate a computer;
- Work collaboratively with City departments in an effort to meet performance management initiatives;
- Facilitate and assist City departments with the development of performance measures, targets, goals and scorecards;
- Operate a variety of office equipment;
- Interpret oral, written, quantitative and electronic information dealing with complex abstract and concrete variables to identify and analyze, and solve practical management problems of considerable difficulty.
- Frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds;
- Frequently carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally carry up to 25 pounds;
- Occasionally stand and walk;
- Occasionally kneel;
- Occasionally pull or push objects;
- Occasionally rotate upper trunk to right or left while sitting or standing;
- Occasionally reach above, at, or below shoulder height;
- Frequently handle objects;
- Coordinate eye, hand, and foot movement in order to operate a vehicle.